ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1st Clio - 172 Cup, hopefully track day car!

Had a bit of a bargain on eBay, some 15" Halfords special alloys, but fitted with almost new Michelin Exalto PE2's :)
Got to work today, took the 888's off the Speedline 2118's to store until next year, and fitted the Michelin's. Gonna use these wheels over winter and refurb the Turini's. I'm gonna keep the cheap alloys and refit the 888's to the 2118's next year, and fit the Michelins back to the other wheels to be used as a wet set of wheels for track days :)
4982bd8f.jpg

Fingers crossed for more eBay bargains!!

PB Clio 172
love the nova brings back the old days! they were fun cars a bit like the r5gtt I had you know its s**t but you love them for some reason ! lol

nice cup glad you got rid of that silly exhaust! :p

With Christmas over with and funds slowly getting back to reasonable I've managed to make a small change to the Cup. I originally bought and fitted a Cartek Sequential shift light, but despite much messing about was never able to get it to operate properly on the Clio, it would flash randomly when engine braking and was really distracting! So I returned it and got a refund, and spent the money much more wisely on a new steering wheel and boss. My standard wheel was in good condition, but I know the difference a smaller wheel can make to the 'feel' of the car. I fitted two 3.3ohm resistors to the airbag wiring to switch off the airbag light, and bought a Renault horn decal and also a RenaultSport decal to personalise the wheel a bit.
adbb57f6.jpg

Despite being a cheap wheel I'm really pleased with the quality, and driving with gloves the wear has been fine in the two months it's been on.
Plenty more plans for the car, but insufficient funds is limiting my progress!! More to come soon hopefully.

Last edited:
  Meg RS,172 and a dci
Nice to see someone else daring to be different with the EBC Bluestuff pads!
I purchased a set last month for my Cup just before my 1st trackday at Cadwell and i was very impressed with them!
Loving the white wheels too,makes me want to spray my turinis!

clio182
Using bluestuff + EBC HC fronts, 0.01mm NS & 0.04mm OS Runout. Done 350 miles but need to visit Renault due to air in ABS, so can't really tell difference. Pedal going all way down.

Going to Bedford on 5th May.....hope EBC set-up fairs well.

Nothing much has changed with this due to a shortage of cash, but I have had the Turnini's refurbed the original silver. Hopefully will have some more mods carried out soon, as well as refurbing the 2118's. Here's how the car currently stands:
20120725_080428.jpg

20120724_163628.jpg

Last edited:
  Rs200
goof thread this mate, nova looked a killer and im sure the clio will be a little less subtle due to this. nice one dude

Not much to report with this unfortunately. I sold my 888's as its became clear I now no longer have the funds for trackdays :( The car has become a daily driver due to ill health, but tbh its made me ralise how good the car is and how much I love it :)
I had a training course in Kendal in March, I told my gaffer to keep the loan can and give me fuel money for my car instead. One reason, Alston Pass-Hartside-Penrith. Probably the best driving road in the northeast :) it was -4ºC on the way up in the morning. Was going properly hard till about 5 miles before the cafe, rivers of frozen water round blind bends called for some scary moments. On the way back it was +6ºC - perfect so the car got absolutely hammered. A couple of lift off oversteer moments close to ditches/embankments to keep the eyes wide :)
Here's a couple of pics from the summit-
20130404_071520.jpg

20130404_071618.jpg

The car has since passed 55, 000 miles, so I gave it a service and check over, all spot on so one sunny evening in May it was a spur of the moment blast up to Hartside. I was chuffed to beat me mate in his throttle bodied, 196bhp Nova twice off the round abouts on the dual carriage way, then I absolutly anhialated him up to Hartside, although I'll admit he wasn't anywhere near as commited as me. Quality times :) Met our mate at the top with his Turbo Nova, 450bhp and an absolute animal. Too much for those sort of roads, but a nice piece of kit.
20130507_194731.jpg

196bhp, sounds awesome but got beat by the Clio :)
20130507_202013.jpg

Waiting for my mate in the black Nova to catch up with the Nova turbo at the top.
And some sunset phone pics....
photo-6.jpg

photo-9.jpg

20130507_203252.jpg

I have more work planned for the Clio, should hopefully have some updates in the next couple of weeks or so.