ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 unexpected project

Clio 172
Hi guys quite new to the forum so this is my first post.
I bought a yr 2000 clio 172 about a month ago and without intenteding it to its managed to turn into a project and a half lol.

First i took it to a garage for a timing belt change and four wheel allighnment. Half way through the job the garage said i needed a new defaser pulley. I then went on ebay to check if i could get a defaser cheaper which i couldnt and liked a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold so bought that and a decat section and also ordered a k & n apollo filter system. Then started to have a look on here and saw a lot about people putting cams on there car so i rang up k tec and they sold me there cat cam profile 438's and also recommended there matched and ported inlet manifold which i also bought so im just waiting for the garage to get my engine back together and once thats done there putting a unichip in it and custom mapping it on there dyno!! Cant wait. This part of the project has eaten all my money but once ive saved some more up in a couple of months i want to get itbs fitted. ill post more info when shes back running next week

Clio 172
Has anyone else got same spec also forgot to say its already got a stainless exhaust from the catvto the back already so will have a full sytem when done. Any other recommended mods to do before its mapped??​

Last edited:
  Clio 172
photo.jpgsome of the bits I've bought cams and inlet from ktec and filter from demon tweeks

Clio 172
IMG_1154.PNGMy 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and decat (which the garage have had a nightmare fitting)
Do not buy thinking it can be fitted on drive the garage said they had to remove the sub frame to get it in.

Attachments

• IMG_1155.PNG
    IMG_1155.PNG
    312.9 KB · Views: 59
  Clio 172
Ive just bought R66 SPT reg to go on her now engines nearly back together should be back next week ill put some pics up on its return and the dyno readouts

Clio 172
Finally its nearly done engines finally back running sounding loud!!! Ive scrapped to unichip idea ive just booked it into ktec on saterday to have live ecu map done ill post results and pics sunday

172 cup, Impreza P1
View attachment 74662My 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and decat (which the garage have had a nightmare fitting)
Do not buy thinking it can be fitted on drive the garage said they had to remove the sub frame to get it in.

Guess that's not a genuine manifold then.

Yup, subframe has to come off to fit which is why most dont bother for the gains you get.

Not to be negative but most say the std 172 manifold works better with cams anyway but it's done now.

Clio 172
Guess that's not a genuine manifold then.

Yup, subframe has to come off to fit which is why most dont bother for the gains you get.

Not to be negative but most say the std 172 manifold works better with cams anyway but it's done now.
No its not the standard in the end the ebay one in the pic above didnt fit anyway so i ended up buying the genuine renault 182 4-2-1. Ive done a bit of research on the manifolds and putting the 4-2-1 makes a little more torque than the standard 172 manifold but yes you see slightly more peak hp gains with the stand 4 into 1 on the car

Clio 172
Right after driving the car at 199.3 bhp for nearly a year i need more!!!! Gonna speak to ktec next week and have sort of decided im gonna forge the engine internals and chuck a supercharger kit on anyone else got the foged engine supercharger kit ???

Clio 172
Just bought from here some Fk konigsport coilovers and 25mn spacers for front and 15mm for rear and going bk to the standard wheels (ph1)

Clio 172
Ill upload some in the next few days the cars quite plain in the looks department when i bought it it had been chavved lights bumpers etc so i bought everything to get the car back to standard again i like things to look how they should but yh ilk upload some piccys and of my engine bay