ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172 print out from rstuning other month

clio 172
well here's the print out of the clio dunno how to read them was wondering what people thought?

IMAG0196_zps84e8ee21.jpg

IMAG0195_zps6c8cde15.jpg

RS172 Flamer
Standard 172? On the first picture, the squigly line is the torque and the other line is the bhp. I have heard of a few cars getting 160bhp at the age they are so sounds average to me

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I would bin that second one. First one looks good. A little low but ok. Torque curve could be smoother (2 large dips there and seems to drop off quite a bit on the end).

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
timing out? needing a good service? seems low. what did paul say?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Mine made 23bhp more than yours on the same rollers - and it's standard too.

160 seems quite low.

yours is a 182 thought not a 172, so would expect 10hp more anyway just from the 4-2-1 manifold. 160bhp for a 172 with no mods is not un-common.

I wouldn't say 10bhp though. My mate had a standard 172 and there was hardly anything in it. His made 168bhp on the same day too.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yep but on the way home they were very similar, if not the same power! Or so it seemed...

yes they will seem similar, 10hp isn't going to be that noticeable. Point stands though, 182's are more powerful than 172's, so its unfair to compare the OPs 172 to your 182 which also probably has a decat etc. 160 is on the low side (as I said before), but its not un-common for the 172s to be that low. its only 8hp off your mates 172.

clio 172
I've been to two rolliing road events, at the same dyno my car pulled 169.something bhp and a few weeks 165bhp! first pull was with just an induction kit and 2nd time round was with induction kit and scorpion cat back , End of day take them with a pinch of salt. I'd only worry if it pulled 140-150 bhp lol if it still feels fast it's okay! ;D then again im used to the power on mine now so now it feels slow haha

I agree with above ! The engines vary depends on how they have been driven over there life , mods , service history etc!

160 isn't the greatest power made but it happens ! If your really fussed get it dyno'd else where see there figures one dyno may be different to the other ! I know a friend who ran 472bhp on one and 507bhp on another the same week :S (sierra cosworth -T4 , 8 greens)

When was your last good service , oil , air , plugs , fuel filter etc? That helps !

But remember mate , it's just a number and I don't know why people get so bothered chasing numbers , if it pulls well and you enjoy it forget it ! It's nice to know what power it is but it's not the be all and end all , more for people who walk in the pub 'like yeah what up I got a big BHP' lol

yours is a 182 thought not a 172, so would expect 10hp more anyway just from the 4-2-1 manifold. 160bhp for a 172 with no mods is not un-common.

really?
gives better mid-range torque over the 172 manifold but no way does it give 10hp, also as you later mentioned they're quicker that is due to the mid-range torque where the 172's don't have as much puff

clio 172
I agree with above ! The engines vary depends on how they have been driven over there life , mods , service history etc!

160 isn't the greatest power made but it happens ! If your really fussed get it dyno'd else where see there figures one dyno may be different to the other ! I know a friend who ran 472bhp on one and 507bhp on another the same week :S (sierra cosworth -T4 , 8 greens)

When was your last good service , oil , air , plugs , fuel filter etc? That helps !

But remember mate , it's just a number and I don't know why people get so bothered chasing numbers , if it pulls well and you enjoy it forget it ! It's nice to know what power it is but it's not the be all and end all , more for people who walk in the pub 'like yeah what up I got a big BHP' lol

I am happy with it was on there for a power run to sort it out when I took it in to him the first run it was hitting 100bhp!! haha but he sorted it to 160 was down to a plug lol there is still a miss there just now need to find the problem

53 Clio's & counting
A good service can net back a few bhp too.

Whats the miles mate? They tend to make better power at higher miles.

clio 172
A good service can net back a few bhp too.

Whats the miles mate? They tend to make better power at higher miles.

was ment to have had a full service belt dephaser everything 9k miles ago full service history too and its just hit 71k

I am happy with it was on there for a power run to sort it out when I took it in to him the first run it was hitting 100bhp!! haha but he sorted it to 160 was down to a plug lol there is still a miss there just now need to find the problem

If there's still a slight miss could account for the slightly low ish power but like mentioned they do make that power normally , anywhere between 160-170 for a 172 and 170-180 for a 182 IMO

what mods has it got on it though? Very much doubt a standard 172 will pull 179.3 on accurate rollers.

see comment 21, people regard them as being bang on, btw it was with milltek cat back and a panel filter with around 120k and in need of a service