ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172 failed MOT on rear break line

172 CUP
My 172 cup has failed its MOT on a rear break line and they are having a job finding a new one apparently it goes copper pipe-rubber hose-copper pipe Renault sent them a normal piece of pipe. Is it really that hard to find a rear break line for the clio.

Lots of Alfas
Sounds like renault sent you a 172mk1 line, the line on the 172mk1 is solid pipe from axle to caliper, then the 172mk2 and 182 it was changed to pipe-hose-pipe for some reason.

E36 328i
My 172 failed on the same pipe in aug and it took renault a week and a half to source one! Good luck :)

BG 182
Get a copper pipe made up to your required length at a local factors and get braided lines fitted at the same time ;).

Renault Symbol
My rear brake lines are same type: tubing+crimped rubber hose+tubing, my rubber hoses are old & cracked, I got a set of KRT Stainless Steel braided lines, I will "cut" the small rubber hoses and attach the SS braided hoses, it only takes an "small brake tube" bended to size from the caliper to the SS braided hose, then a new fitting and attached to the main steel line, will try to make some pictures when I have time to do this.

Renault Symbol
I got this "bubble flare" tool kit to replace my rear brake rubber hoses, I'm going to "cut" the rubber hoses from the steel tube, then add a fitting and flare the tubing, once I do this I can attach "regular" Stainless Steel Hoses!

DSC00770.jpg

Will post some pics from the process

Last edited: