ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 at Donington!

BG PH1 Megane 225
Did a track day today at Donington and just thought I'd share a few pictures (pictures taken by Xtreme Sports Photography). It was my first track day experience and I'll certainly be doing more in the future as it was epic fun, would have liked a few more sessions out on track though. I had some wheel wobble under braking but nothing too major, I'll look into sorting that this week I think. Now I need more mods... :eek:

Anyway, hope you like the shots! (I hope they're not too large either?)

swoopingin2.jpg

swoopingin.jpg

sideshot2.jpg

rearshot2.jpg

sideshot.jpg

rearshot-3.jpg

poweringout.jpg

grippy.jpg

grippy2.jpg

Pitstraight.jpg

clio sold :(
Amazing track i go there often as my work owns a private box. Missed out twice this year to get out on the track.
How competative was the clio vs the other cars? Im getting a silver 172 tomorrow!! Couple of friends use this tack often but one has a lotus elise and other vauxhall vx220 i worried they will just leave me in the dust.

Clio 172
Amazing track i go there often as my work owns a private box. Missed out twice this year to get out on the track.
How competative was the clio vs the other cars? Im getting a silver 172 tomorrow!! Couple of friends use this tack often but one has a lotus elise and other vauxhall vx220 i worried they will just leave me in the dust.

Its a fast track thats for sure, Clio isn't the quickest car around but it can hold its own.

clio sold :(
My company is allowed one track day per year and didnt get chance at the French car show.but i didnt fancy it in my megane so i got alot of rip that im just too slow so im hoping next year my clio will triumph above them all

Clio 172
You'll get annihalated on the straights and it depends how late you brake but I went out in a MKII Golf and there was very little he couldn't catch up on in the bends and under braking. We even took a GT3 through Hollywood. Bascially if you drive the wheels off it then they do very well for themselves.

WRX
Great cars for Donny.
Just need to be brave in the bends, there they can keep up with most things, just lack of power on straights.