ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 Build (Black Betty)

image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
Hi there, this is my first thread on Cliosport.net! After recently buying my club membership, I thought I would make a project thread. Haven't done much to her so far just a few subtle changes to try and seperate it from the rest of the 1.2's. My next mod will be getting 172 wheels soon and getting them refurbed in anthracite then dropping it about 40mm with some spacers (not decided which size yet)

Anyway tell me what you guys think of her so far! ... And yes I have named my car Black Betty 😂

Decent first car. Take the bra off and remove the tint on the rear lights and it'll look a lot better.

172 alloys will look nice

Last edited:
Decent first car. Takr the bra off and remove the tint on the rear lights and it'll look a lot better.

172 alloys will look nice
Cheers mate, and I do like the bra though just need to sort some fitment issues round the edges and yeah I like the rear tint as well but it is slightly too dark but I can live with it :wink:

Cheers mate, and I do like the bra though just need to sort some fitment issues round the edges and yeah I like the rear tint as well but it is slightly too dark but I can live with it :wink:

We all like different things mate. As long as you're happy with it is all that matters:up:

That's a clean looking car you have there. I'm not a big fan of aftermarket modifications though.
But hey, it's your car! :)

172 wheels would be a nice upgrade, or even some 182 wheels.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Bonnet bra removed. Burnt. Thrown from space to disintegrate.

Wheels will change it a lot though.

If you're going stealth, may as well get the rear 3 tinted.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Really not a fan of the bonnet bra, but with those wheels and spacers it will look very nice!
Just a heads up, 40mm springs don't really have enough drop for these, if budget allows coil overs are definitely the way to go. Will improve the handling no end also.

I think if you took the sticker off where tax disks used to go it will look much cleaner too.

Really not a fan of the bonnet bra, but with those wheels and spacers it will look very nice!
Just a heads up, 40mm springs don't really have enough drop for these, if budget allows coil overs are definitely the way to go. Will improve the handling no end also.

I think if you took the sticker off where tax disks used to go it will look much cleaner too.

Thanks for the comments, they are very helpful. Since the pics I posted, i've removed the bra; a lot tidier and less boy racer:wink: yeah ideally I would like to get coilovers so its just a case of saving each week :up: and btw, that sticker in my window is for the car parking in the college I go to, i'd get an annoying ticket without it otherwise:tearsofjoy:

Quick update: Starting changing over the wheels, and I got one on and tightened it up and me being me with my heavy hand i've cracked my locking wheel nut.. So its off to Renault tomorrow to see if they can get one delivered in and i've heard halfords do "replacement" locking wheel nut bolts so i'll have a little look. Car looks quite funny atm with one 172 wheel on and the rest standard alloys:expressionless:

image.jpeg

Clio looks great with the new 'wheel' I can see it will look really good when they are all finally on haha

image.jpeg
Looks a bit funny :down:

Got my 172 wheels on and in the process of getting 60mm lowered springs. She's coming together quite nicely :grin:
image.jpeg

Before:
image.jpeg

After:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I know I haven't posted on here in ages but I have been very busy with work and other stuff besides betts. But, today I am picking up my 172's refurbed in anthricite finally. Betts is currently sitting on some seriously abused 182 alloys from my shed in the the driveway. As soon as I get the new wheels home i'll be sourcing some ps3's for them, heard they are quite good.

Heres a pic of her with 182's on:
image.jpeg

Wheels refurbed in dark anthricite. Brand new Pirelli P Zero Nero GT XL's on each corner. Looks mint, completly refreshed wheel setup.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Next on the list is subtle moulded mud guards, with 20mm spacers all round. Light smoked rear windows to compliment the front wind delectors, light smoked rear lights(maybe), de wiper, RS interior, campus front bumper, 172 rear bumper, side trims and door handles colour coded, RS grill, pressed plates.