ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mx5 build thread

Adz

Work van
Certainly a cheaper option. The Superlow frames aren't actually that low anyway from what I've read.

yeah i was reading into it as well and came across some photos of them, couldnt really see that they would be much lower as the oem one sit right on the floor anyway lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
My Bride in my MX5 had a superlow rail and was still higher than a oem seat!

Adz

Work van
picked the rear flares up tonight, quick pictures of them mocked up still need to paint them :D

efa5d4f4.jpg

79078250.jpg

Adz

Work van
I quite like them unpainted tbh! Have you had the aerial removed BTW?

Think I'm getting another one soon... :eek:

yup did it myself not hard just takes time getting a nice finish, this is good new! cant wait to see what you get :)

And me. The best MX5 i've seen in a while is just getting better..

thanks mate, over the winter it shall be turbo time haha!

Adz

Work van
did some more work on her today didnt really get as far as i wanted to :dapprove: took another rubbbish photo :eek:

7ebad252.jpg

Adz

Work van
Need a gloss bootlid dude.

Bloody brilliant! But as above, gloss bootlid is definitely needed. Probably do the plate holder too actually...

its only temp guys :dapprove: until i have more funds for respray i will be rattle canning the car matt purple as the paint isnt that great atm .... so when the weather get better the car will change colour :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love this. Well done mate, keeps on getting better!

Adz

Work van
Is that s**t in your tyre? Let's it down IMO. ;)

haha! its sand spilt a bit of oil on the drive :banghead:

now this car has been rattle canned, i will be aiming for around the same level of finish just in purple :approve:

img_2165.png

mint4.png

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
What I want to know us how the hell you get over the speed bumps Round your way. (can't recall if your road has bumps from the roundabout up to it?)

Adz

Work van
Looks like a decent finish tbh!

yeah not to bad and will only be temp, purple body and matt black hard top?

What I want to know us how the hell you get over the speed bumps Round your way. (can't recall if your road has bumps from the roundabout up to it?)

haha! its very hard and slow going ... i drive out my road to be greeted with huge speed bumps, drive up and on them loads of noise and scraping lol if its wet the rear wheels dont have any traction and i get stuck :dapprove: it is very hard being so low but you live with it and just scrap around haha! going to get a bmw touring for a daily come the winter time and will probably air ride it and f**k it up aswell
it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really really like the matt/gloss black on this car.

Painting it would be a massive massive shame.

Adz

Work van
I really really like the matt/gloss black on this car.

Painting it would be a massive massive shame.

it will only be temp until i can afford my proper respray which i have an amazing colour lined up, top secret stuff ;)