ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MSV/Caged half cage - fitting queries

My trusty lil 182 :)
Hi. Picked up my cage half cage last night (cheers to rosssei for the cage and ben_p for the posting advice - no penalty charge even!).

The cage came with 4 spacing washers, 2 about 3cm thick and 2 about 1cm thick. I had assumed it would be the two thin ones to space the front bar between the front seatbelt points and the two thick ones on the rear bar between the rear belt points. Is this right?

Problem I have is that the rear bar isn't tight to bothsides then, i need all 4 washers on the back bar to make it sit tight. Is this because I have no rear seatbelts? (belts and all mounting removed) If so what have others done, just spaced it further with washers?

Cheers, Kev

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hi dude,

yea big spacer at the back, small ones at the front. there not a great fit IMO, i had to have longer bolts made to fit the rear too.

there is no point the f-in spacers being there on the rear if they dont fit! Burps were taped to the cage lol, he had some more made which were a better fit.

the front ones do fit though.

you can also bolt them to the OEM seat clips (3 on thr front) but you either have to cut the carpet or remove it. unless your a Jew with long fingers

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
do your bolts fit? reach to the holes? i think the one i fitted they had been lost :S

if they dont, you need a 3.5" long 7/16UNF bolt and small washer :)

My trusty lil 182 :)
Cheers ben. Yeah the bolts fit, just the rear washers that seem waaay too small. Its a good tight fit with the front ones in too, but only up to the plastic, not the metal behind. I'll try and get something made that butts up nicely to the metal.