ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Msn Messenger has stopped working.. Help ! !

I went to sign into my Msn Account a moment ago and it did nothing.

I got a windows box coming up saying msn messenger has stopped working.

msn.gif

Does anyone know why this would happen as its been working fine for the past few days.

It did this a month back and i had to re-install it, but why does it keep reaccuring ?

I'm notthat clued up in Computers that why i thought i'd ask on here ;)

I have just un installed it and installed it and still not working.

And the thing is my laptop has 120gb hd memory and 1 gb of ram and i have iave vlc media player, realplayer, adobe reader 9, avg free anti virus software and yahoo messenger 9 installed so should have heaps of space.

Also i ran he virus scanner last night and it found nothing.

So i screwed if i know what it is.

And i only just reloaded Windows Vista premium back on it about 2 weeks ago :(

*Dynamique & RIP 172
Looks like that one i think i might have version 9 depending on what you have running messenger might not work with the tools have you tried the old version the up graded i had to do this.

*Dynamique & RIP 172
to be honest i just out my mouse over each one till it said i will have a look for you and try and find the link

*Dynamique & RIP 172
I think you just have to keep upgrading it sometimes tells you when to upgrade. I hope it works for you i would be lost without mine

Oil Burner
try clearing cookies/history on I.E

With mac's its not uncommon to get the symptoms you describe, where msn becomes unresponsive, particularly launching your inbox. Doing the above solves this for a period.

Before i get criticised, i realise he is running vista not a mac OS, but sounds like he is flat out of ideas, so worth a shot.

*Dynamique & RIP 172
Thanks that will help me aswell as i just used to re install wrong i know and i'am on windows xp.

Better advice than i could of given[

quote=dunganick;4464068]try clearing cookies/history on I.E

With mac's its not uncommon to get the symptoms you describe, where msn becomes unresponsive, particularly launching your inbox. Doing the above solves this for a period.

Before i get criticised, i realise he is running vista not a mac OS, but sounds like he is flat out of ideas, so worth a shot.[/quote]

Thanks that will help me aswell as i just used to re install wrong i know and i'am on windows xp.

Better advice than i could of given[

quote=dunganick;4464068]try clearing cookies/history on I.E

Before i get criticised, i realise he is running vista not a mac OS, but sounds like he is flat out of ideas, so worth a shot.
[/quote]

Just cleared cookies and browsing history etc.

cooke.gif

And the new one has just installed, i'll give it a go now although it looks the same

85.jpg

Nippy white cup
Mine has been fine all day but about 30mins ago it dropped out and won't come back on...as said probably just maintainence

Chris

Mine was working fine, until a few mins ago, when I had a message saying "you have signed in on another computer, click here to sign back in"

Only other time that has happened is when I signed in on my laptop, when I was signed in on pc. I hope it's a glitch with MSN, and nobody has broke in at home and took laptop lol!!!!

Ah well at least i wasn't alone

Lol :)

Now it won't install on here at all now(tried it twice) and i have just restored the whole laptop to factory default incsase something was preventing it working. :(

Untitled.jpg

So i dunno if its laptop or Vista premium :(

Last edited: