ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

ArcticClio182...progress..

Hi mate and thank you :)

Im not sure what pads they are tbh but they deffinately need changing, i only bought the car a week ago and i think they are standard, could you recommend me any good stopping power pads?

These are a little worn but they seriously dont stop mate, they are terrible tbh, the previous owner might have put cheap and nastys on for all i know :(

Tbh if you need to upgrade the calipers you're either running some silly power or you're a track day hero haha

If you do a search this topic has been covered a million times. The general consensus is standard rear pads, with uprated front pads such as ferodo ds2500 and brembo high carbon discs all round. This is the set up I've got except I went for mintex m1144 pads as I wanted something that works a bit better from cold and tbh they're a fair bit cheaper than the ferodo's!
Also you want to change to braided lines and uprated brake fluid while you're at it.

If you check out the trader section you'll find G172. He's the man to go through to get discs or pads. Good prices and quick delivery.

Hope this helps

Jon

RB Clio 182
Re: ArcticClio182...progress..

Tbh if you need to upgrade the calipers you're either running some silly power or you're a track day hero haha

If you do a search this topic has been covered a million times. The general consensus is standard rear pads, with uprated front pads such as ferodo ds2500 and brembo high carbon discs all round. This is the set up I've got except I went for mintex m1144 pads as I wanted something that works a bit better from cold and tbh they're a fair bit cheaper than the ferodo's!
Also you want to change to braided lines and uprated brake fluid while you're at it.

If you check out the trader section you'll find G172. He's the man to go through to get discs or pads. Good prices and quick delivery.

Hope this helps

Jon

Brilliant, thanks for your help mate, im probably used to the big 4pot brembos that the burg had, they had some stopping power.

RB Clio 182

A few more parcels arrived this morning, im still waiting for my wind deflectors too, im going to contact the seller to see if he has posted them...

CAM00244.jpg

bright full beam bulbs...

CAM00246.jpg

CAM00245.jpg

bright fog light bulbs...

CAM00247.jpg

CAM00248.jpg

pressed plates...

CAM00249.jpg

CAM00251.jpg

Ive cleaned the car today so ill get some pics up of the plates soon and ill take some of the bulbs when its dark.

Thanks for looking :)

RB Clio 182

A few pics of the pressed plates, fog bulbs and high beam bulbs...

CAM00253.jpg

CAM00262.jpg

CAM00263.jpg

CAM00268.jpg

CAM00269.jpg

RB Clio 182

My heko wind deflectors finally arrived this morning...

CAM00274.jpg

CAM00275.jpg

Im going to put them on in a minute.

...and another one of my bulbs when it was dark enough...

CAM00272.jpg

Tom.

RB Clio 182

Hekos fitted...

CAM00277.jpg

CAM00281.jpg

CAM00280.jpg

My camera phone also found the correct colour of the car in the last two pics too.

Thanks.

RB Clio 182

A couple more small items arrived about an hour ago...

CAM00282.jpg

Cliosport.net club member pack which included this sticker aswell as other items...

Doublechin ahhhh :(

CAM00287.jpg

CAM00283.jpg

Renault f1 team sticker...

CAM00285.jpg

on the car...

CAM00289.jpg

RB Clio 182

You don't hang about on this!

Which bulbs did you go for out of interest?

Lol thanks mate, which bulbs do you mean, im not really too fussy on the bulbs mate aslong as thay are brighter than the origional yellow ones tbh.

RB Clio 182

Very smart motor mate love the progress!

Thanks alot mate, in 2-3 months time i maybe considering throttle boddies, ill have cams fitted soon too.

Im just trying to get all the little touches done 1st, im getting my wheels refurbished just after xmas, the car will be like brand new then as the bodywork is almost stonechip free, its only just ticked over 49k.

RB Clio 182

Here yo go mate...

Full beam bulbs...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300652135637?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

foglight bulbs...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290663296497?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

These are the sidelights but it looks like he has sold out :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280914267182?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

number plate bulb...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200773572091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

silver indicator bulbs...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130549758078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Hope this helps mate, if you have non-zenon headlights the full beam bulb is h1 and not h7.

I made that mistake and ordered h1 1st, so if you dont have zenons you can buy my h1's off me for £4 delivered :)

172 + 350z

Exactly the car I am wanting, very nice.
How you finding the car on fuel?

RB Clio 182

Exactly the car I am wanting, very nice.
How you finding the car on fuel?

Im averaging 34 mpg atm mate, its about the same as my vxr but it doesnt drink as much when you floor it.

All in all for the perfomance its great imo.

RB Clio 182

Nothing special, i cleaned my 182 and the birds T plate ph1 1.6 rxe today, just a few pics, the T plate is in brilliant condition for a 13 year old car.

Shes never had a single problem with it...

CAM00294.jpg

CAM00293.jpg

CAM00305.jpg

CAM00295.jpg

CAM00296.jpg

CAM00298.jpg

CAM00301.jpg

CAM00304.jpg

Sorry about the quality, im going to get a nice camera after xmas.

ArcticClio182FF said:

loving the car mate, it looks really tidy, cant wait to see what else you do to it :D

but i felt like i needed to drop you a warning mate... the surrounds hide the company details and BSA number which should be on the pressed plates (i have the same plates) and the police can be very funny about this because the BSA number is the bit of proof that states they are the road legal pressed plates....

so you may have to carry a screwdriver to avoid fines (to remove the surrounds to show them the BSA number, if they give you chance....)

Thanks mate and thanks for the heads up ;)

no worries mate, you seem to have everything else covered on the legal side of pressed plates lol, just didn't want you getting stung for having those surrounds on (though i quite like them....)

as said earlier though mate its a stunning car you have there

RB Clio 182

no worries mate, you seem to have everything else covered on the legal side of pressed plates lol, just didn't want you getting stung for having those surrounds on (though i quite like them....)

as said earlier though mate its a stunning car you have there

Thanks mate i appreciate it, also thanks again about the info on the plates as i didnt know that the bsa number had to be shown ;)

Tom.

RB Clio 182

Not really an update, but i turned my front splitter around today as i think it was fitted upside down lol.

Ill get a before and after pic when i next clean the car.

Thanks mate i appreciate it, also thanks again about the info on the plates as i didnt know that the bsa number had to be shown ;)

Tom.

Here is everything you need to know on pressed plates from one of my threads about when i got pulled for them (mine were legal so had no problems afterwards)

Spinksy said:
For anyone that has or gets pressed metal plates there are conditions they must meet!

First and foremost they must be standard colours (white/yellow with black letters)

Second they must be Charles Wright font, be the correct size and spacing,

Thirdly they need the company's name and postcode that made the plates,

Fourthly they MUST have this BSA 145 AUD number printed on them, (this signifies that they meet the british standards association's tests for reflectivity etc so they can be used for road use,

They also must be the normal size and carry the normal rules for plates aswell, so if it is missing any of those listed above they aren't legal!

if your's meet all of those and an officer tries to give you a ticket do not take an attitude with him, just explain that it meets those, and that they are perferctly legal for road use, if it does go further I would advise to take up a case against the points and fine, but again only if it meets all of those rules and saying some guy on CS told you will not suffice sadly so please have a read around yourself to confirm all of this before putting the plates on the car! :)

you decided on future plans for what you will be doing to the car?

RB Clio 182

Front splitter before (wrongly fitted)...

CAM00153.jpg

Wrightly fitted...

klhy.jpg

Theres not a massive difference tbh but ive got ocd so it needed changing lol.

Im looking into getting cams fitted at the end of december then im saving for throttle boddies.

RB Clio 182

Small update, i decided to remove the acoustic valve today and refit my standard airbox as ive decided to go down the panel filter route with diy air feeds.

I found some sort of one way valve in the pipe which leads to the acoustic valve tho which i havnt seen on other peoples, i think the previous owner must have done something with it.

Does this look different to anyone elses

Ive still put a bolt in the end just incase.

CAM00311.jpg

CAM00311.jpg

RB Clio 182

Fitted some nice white interior lights today, the ones above your head which come on when you open the door, i didnt get any pics as you cant really tell on my camera phone.

Ill be ordering an itg panel filter and air feeds for the standard airbox on friday.

RB Clio 182

Gave the clio a wash and wax today, i cant wait to get the alloys refurbed(or changed) :)

CAM00361.jpg

CAM00348.jpg

CAM00367.jpg

CAM00364.jpg

CAM00365.jpg

CAM00376.jpg

CAM00370.jpg

CAM00347.jpg

Thanks

Vectra

Fault-less 182 mate, one of my favorites on here, some 2118s imo would look good

RB Clio 182

Fault-less 182 mate, one of my favorites on here, some 2118s imo would look good

Cheers mate :)

Im really undecided what to do, i like the turinis, comp mo6's and td pro race 3's, i do like to keep standard wheels but they are a little dated i think.

Thanks again mate :)

Vectra

They've all been done, but out of those ad be going with the Comps or Turinis, might need lowered more mind?

RB Clio 182

They've all been done, but out of those ad be going with the Comps or Turinis, might need lowered more mind?

Yea i could do mate, id have to see how it sits 1st and take it from there.

I dont like them overly low tho, i think ill see what comes up 1st for the right price, or whether to just get the standard ones refurbed, im not 100% yet what do do :)

RB Clio 182

Little update, i decided to spray my diamonds today technical grey, the same as the corsa burg wheels and they have come out perfect tbh, im going to go over them tomorrow with some 2500 grade paper, polish them up and fit them, ill get some pics up tomorrow too when they are on the car.

Ive also decide to keep the origional wheels which im going to get refurbished the same colour if i can, if not then something very similar...

CAM00377.jpg

CAM00379.jpg

CAM00382.jpg

CAM00381.jpg

RB Clio 182

A few pics of the painted diamonds fitted, they look much better than cheap chrome imo...

CAM00385.jpg

CAM00387.jpg

CAM00391.jpg

:)

Vectra

Looks good, makes a change from seeing carbon ones, you gonna do the 2.0 bullets to match?