ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorsport is dangerous. German Formula Masters.

Listerine & Poledo
errrrr, yellow flags?

Some boys better be losing their license for that, stupid driving could have cost lives

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
That last guy is REALLY lucky. A bit further to the left and his head would be gone. Nasty.

If you watch it at 0:37, there is a green flag in the background.

But, from another angle, you can see the corner before where double yellows are being waved. (2:31) Someone proper fucked up and could of cost at least one life there!

182cup & 172 racecar
You could tell they didn't give a fcuk from the speed the first two cars went past.

Should be some long bans going on there.

Oil Burner
Saw this a few weeks back - scary stuff! The only reason i can think this might happen (as clearly all the drivers fail to slow enough) is that they were running to FIA flag rules which dictates you can only have 1 flag post wave a yellow, which must be the post before the accident. (although the clerk of the course can overrule this - that would take time to send a message)

Sounds sensible enough, but say the accident happens 1ft past a marshal post after a corner, this post would show a yellow - not the one before the corner.

I've seen this before at Brands Hatch in a support race for DTM. A car spun and stoped on the circuit at the base of Paddock hill, just past the marshal post on the infield. They threw a yellow flag, but this meant there was no yellow flag on the entry to Paddock - so cars were entering paddock without any yellow to tell them there was a car in the middle of the circuit.
Apparently what is often done in this situation is (common sense is engaged) and the post just infront of the accident will throw a green (when it should strictly be a yellow) - but this force the before the corner to throw a yellow flag.

In the video i cant see where the marshal post is, it could be pretty unsighted and just before the accident - certainly the green flag seems alot further down track.

182cup & 172 racecar
Fkn
Idiots
Again

It's a stupid rule, and I can't really see the advantage of it, and when you see things like this happen, you just think wtf.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Hair raising stuff!
If those double yellows at the back of shot are the only ones being waved then i'm not surprised they failed to see them.

Clio 172, Pug 106
regardless of flags surely all the teams are in radio contact with the safety car etc?
Wouldnt of been hard for them to come across the radio to warn them!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Did that guy just go helmet first into a Tourag, then get out and walk away? OOOFT.

Oil Burner
regardless of flags surely all the teams are in radio contact with the safety car etc?
Wouldnt of been hard for them to come across the radio to warn them!

It depends on the track and series.

Not all series are broadcast live. If the teams cant see whats happened then they cant warn their driver.

Clio 172, Pug 106
It depends on the track and series.

Not all series are broadcast live. If the teams cant see whats happened then they cant warn their driver.

Ahh fair shout that... didnt realise!
Either way.... a few very lucky drivers there