ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motor clicking on wipers

I was asked a while ago if my wipers click when using them, I said no, then the other day it began to rain, so as you do, *turns on wipers* and i heard this noise, so i turned them off and the noise stopped. Being the bright spark that i am, i figured out it was the wipers, now this is driving me mad!! It appears it happens on all clios and seeing as it annoys me i thought i would bring it to everyone elses attention.

Anyone noticed this before? I dont think it happens at all speeds though.

Turbos.
Nice to see you've finally cleaned your ears out then!

My solution up until now has been to turn the radio up, but i was wondering if any bright spark had muffled the relay's noise with some homemade device?

182 RB FF
Yep i get it on mine over by the passenger side front of the dash. Had it in my old 1.2 and now in my 182, think its a pretty standard thing with them?? Someone who knows more about them will be able to confirm this though.

Brad

Where is the relay for them?

I suppose you could try and sound deaden it.

Happens on my g/f's new clio, the only part of her car that's louder than my valver's lol!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
I belive it is just the relay switch....happens on mine all the time!

Nothing to worry about

Elliot

Think its just to do with the relay switch with the rain sensor when on intermittent, your volume must not be up loud enough!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Yeah that stupid relay is so loud.

When on rain sensitive mode with light rain it's clicking all th time.

Trophy No. 440
This is why loads of Trophy owners are swapping the standard poverty-spec wiper stalk for one with variable adjustment on the intermittent delay.

The standard intermittent delay on the Trophy is about 2/10ths of a nano-second and the relay clicking drives you mad :banghead:

I still think that Magic solves it, gonna go out later for a bit and use the wipers (who cares if its not raining haha) see if the problem is fixed ;)