ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mot tomorrow

soon to be 182 ;)
isnt a sport cat designed to pass an mot, thats why you get it instead of a de-cat??

just had a look on the ktec link and it does say on one of the faq's

Last edited:
  182 FF (Black Gold)
Here you go :)

Q: Hi just wondered if I will need to refit the standard cat for an mot?
A: No you will not need to refit the standard cat as the car should pass an MOT emissions test with the sports cat fitted.

Laguna sport tourer
if im honest im not expecting it to pass as the metal inside the cat is half the length of the standard one and the gaps are alot larger (sorry for the lack of technical terms lol) also the exhaust emissions light has come on a couple of times

Laguna sport tourer
i guess i will go out in the snow and put the old one back on accompined by lots of exhaust paste lol

Are you having a while you wait MOT? If so take it for a good hard drive so cat is hot and it will pass. They do emissions first ;)

AGH the sl*g
as said take it for a good hard drive just before you take it and get it red hot as these sports cats work better when hot then you 'shouldnt' have a problem.

Laguna sport tourer
ok thanks for all your replys, i have put the renault one back on for the mot tomorrow just to be on the safe side. interestingly the car feels a bit less responsive so i guess a sports cat is worth a few horse power

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just tell the tester it has a sports cat and he'll get it hot before he does the emissions.

Laguna sport tourer
darm wish i had left it on now would have probably been ok, oh well will have to put it back on again after, i need a new manifold to cat fitting kit anyway