ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT - Regarding Rear wiper and washer

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Sorry if in the wrong section,

MOT is tomorrow, and just wondering if the rear wiper without its rubber blade, and rear washer working but not pumping water through an MOT failure, Front washer is fine, i'm just assuming theres a blockage to the back somewhere.

Thanks.

Ask them before hand, i dont think they will care to much about a washer tbh, depends if you know them/main dealer etc though.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
even if its fitted its not part of the mot test .even if it is fitted and it dont work they can not fail it. the tester can only advise it if he likes.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Cheers guys, majority seems to be they should be ok.

It might fail tomorrow on 2-3 things:

Hazard Light switch - Sometimes you can click it back in, sometimes not, So we'll see if I get lucky.

Service Light - Infamous light, Hopefully he doesn't adjust the seating position.

And possibly Rear lights - Last year I had it done but seems to have returned, The hazard lights very very VERY slightly dims the rear lights from each flash, and the term was "Rear indicators operating rear lights" Which I found was bulldung.

If it does fail I've got to sunday to get it all sorted as the MOT doesn't actually run out till then, But I need the car for work as its a 50 mile trip each way.

PH2 Flamer
They will adjust the seat. Will slide them forwards and backwards to check they are secure, and to also access the rear seat belts.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Sorry for the double post, merge if possible,

Replaced the Hazard switch today so that's one problem sorted, If He does get me for the Serv light, how will I go about sorting that out, Will it be a case of taking the chair out, cleaning the connectors and refit, or is it gonna be more complicated (Much likely).

​Cheers.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
if its just the serv light it should not fail.

for you rear lights disconnect them and clean the terminals thats the main cause on the renaults for indicators effecting the operation of the other lights.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Just to update, All done and passed now, can't believe it was only a bloody ball joint :D

Just need to sort me tyres and pads out now, they're close to the limit apparently. The young 1.2 live on!