ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Questions and Recommendations - Bristol

Flame red 172
Hey guys,

I have my first 172 MOT coming up in Jan and have a few questions about some things i'm not sure will pass:

Number plates - when I bought the car, it has 3/4 size number plates I think (there certainly not standard size anyhow) Will this fail?

Suspension - The coilovers on the front are set quite low, and on full lock there is a little scrubbing on the passenger side, will this be ok?

Suspension (again!) - On full lock either way, I've got the classic clicking/ funny noises from the top mounts - will they pick up on this?

Other than that I think everything else is fine. At the same time as the MOT Im looking to get a service done (60k so should just be oil, filter and pollen filter). Any suggestions for a good service/MOT centre around central Bristol would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Da

Less
1, Yes they'll fail. Get some standard ones fitted, even if you swap them back afterwards.

2, Should be ok - providing the car isn't too low that it wont get on their ramp/lift!

3, Will be fine, advisory at worst.