ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot Query

Clio 182
Hey guys,
My little clio failed its MOT test and the MOT expired yesterday. It is booked in for repair but not sure if I am allowed to drive it as technically it is awaiting repair and re-test. What do you guys think?

Cheers.

CB600FS
Your allowed to drive it to the nearest MOT test centre with a pre-arranged appointment I believe.

-Tom

Clio 182
Thanks for the comments. It failed on brakes.1) excessive wear on the flexible brake hoses.2) The rear nearside drum was not braking at all. 3) Front brake imbalance of 46%.

So im having new rear cyclinders and shoes(both sides), front pads (both sides) and flexi hoses on front. Quoted £250 :S

=Mark

Lionel Richie
hum,

front pads = £17
rear shoes = £25
flexi hoses = £20

rear cylinder = £????

i'd check on the parts prices you've been quoted

Clio 182
£250 is a max. depending on what parts are used. there are three different types. 250 also includes labour, VAT and re-testing fee.

Hope its a resonable price :S

Clio 182
sh33n said:
You should get a free re-test!!

I read on the back of the sheets that a re-test is only free if the car stays with the garage :S . Girlfriend is paying the retest for me so im alright.

As for rear cylinders, my cousing who is an ex Renault mechanic said that they can be the most expensive part of the rear drum brakes. :(

-Mark

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
sh33n said:
You should get a free re-test!!
nope, under the new computerised system free retests are no more. after a fail its now a full teat again not just a check of the failed items, also there is no such thing as 'passed after rectifiction' anymore.