ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT help!!!!

clio i think

just got pulled by the old bill, gave me 3 points for low tread on tyres....

gave me a prohibtion notice, which basically means i cant drive my car til i get a new MOT.

jus wonderin if anybody has a flush boot, if so how can i get the number plate lit up so i cud pass the MOT. my number plate is situated on the rear right of my car

need help!!! thanx

Punto/Clio GTT

drill a small hole through your bumper? or through the bumper n through your lights... orrrrrr

instead of screwing it on (if you have).. use the screwholes to hold on some small lights?

clio i think

thanx Final_Maxim... jus wonderin if there are any other ways cos seen lots of cars wit flushed boot but no light. dont wanna damage my bumpa u see

Punto/Clio GTT

if youve drilled em on, ide pop the screws out n have to little lights pointing at the plate (if this is legal) think mike172sport is an mot tester. then use double sided foam tape to hold the plate on.. would look pretty neat and unique! plus pass the all important mot

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

3 points! ouch

But needless to say i suppose that is down to driver fault :(

yer ask mike172sport abotu wot type of lighting is required on rear of car fore numberplate hell be ur best bet :)

clio i think

ok mate, do u know how well the number plate needs to be lit up, cud i just use plain LEDs like the maxpower ones??

Punto/Clio GTT

aint sure, send a pm to mike172sport, send him the link to this thread. should think some nice led ones will be fine (non coloured i think)

clio i think

one more thing... the police said i cant drive my car 2 my garage, said it needed 2 be towed or picked up in sum way... but cos my car is low, i dont think i can get it towed or up any ramp.

u reckon i cud get away wit just drivin my car 2 the garage(10-15 miles)? they wrote the mileage of my car on the prohibition notice & i heard they write down the mileage of ur car wen ur takin ur MOT

wat can i do?????

Punto/Clio GTT

drive it really early in the morning, put a tow rope in the boot and say your missus/dad etc towed you. thats what ide do

clio i think

might jus risk drivin 2 the garage... dont think they cud do me for drivin 15 miles from MOT centre to police station.

well frustrating... got my car outside my house on my drive but cant drive it, its like waitin for Renault for delivery lol

LOL why was a prohibition notice issued?

if its down to tyres get them sorted, then call the police station up and liase with thier sgt..imo thats harsh. unless there is another reason your not telling us.

500bhp Scoob

you cant tow the car, as the car is still on the road. you would have to get a carrier or trailor for it.

As for number plate lights, its best to get them put in, as youll only end up in the same position when you have to get it MOTd on an annual basis.

Ive got to wire up some white 3mm diffused LEDs into my rear bumper for the number plate, as the bodyshop "forgot" to put in the old renault one

My guess is were not getting the full story.

However you will need a proper number plate light to get it through the mot and you can drive the car to a mot centre to be tested but not to a garage for repair unless youve an mot booked there.

If a prohibition notice has been issued then the car cannot be used on a public road Full stop.. Even if it is booked in for an MOT..

The prohibition will only be removed when an MOT station peforms a Full or Partial Test to check that the reasons for prohibition have been dealt with..

So the only way you can get the car to the Test is by Tow or Trailer..

u cant get caught with no mot, as you get time to produce it!....

a bald tyr prohibition notice is very harsh...infact its outrageous..unless your running slicks.