ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT failure.

Clio 182
So it failed on the inner tie rod end on the nearside being worn and the front suspension ball joints on the offside are worn as well. I pretty sure these are just general wear and tear for a 6 year old car. K-Tec were telling me that they sell a complete wishbone as they dont sell the ball joint seperately. Would I have to get the tie rod end from renault or is there somewher online where I can get them? Also would you reccomend to get the wishbones and ARB's polybushed?

ph1 black 172
Polybushing the front end will give better handleling but will cost.

you can buy just the ball joints and you dont have to buy the complete wishbone. ball joints range form £10 -£40 each. renault,eurocar parts or ebay.

tie rod again renault and maybe eurocarparts

cheapest way would be to buy a pattern balljoint, pattern track rod end and fit them yourself; retest; tracking afterwards

Clio 182
Called a renault dealer there to find out prices for parts. He was telling me that there was four different types of steering rack on the 182's and I would have to wait find out which one it was before figuring out which tie rod end it was.

Clio 182
Fred cheers for that. For my own peace of mind how would I go about checking this? Re-test is coming up and I need to get it sorted.

172 Cup
So it failed on the inner tie rod end on the nearside being worn and the front suspension ball joints on the offside are worn as well. I pretty sure these are just general wear and tear for a 6 year old car. K-Tec were telling me that they sell a complete wishbone as they dont sell the ball joint seperately. Would I have to get the tie rod end from renault or is there somewher online where I can get them? Also would you reccomend to get the wishbones and ARB's polybushed?

Mine Failed today as well, well gutted as i hardly use the car. I now need to replace CV joint, All 4 Disc's, All Pads, and front Coil Springs.

Should be all softed tomorrow.
Hopefully

Looking for 182
My car also failed today on "Nearside front suspension has excessive play in a lower suspension ball joint".

Is it worth replacing both on the front end, or just the one which is worn? how much do you think it will cost, parts and labour?

Thanks

Looking for 182
Garage has quoted me £68 for the ball joint and arm and about £65 for labour to fit it. Does this sound right?

1.5dci
Garage has quoted me £68 for the ball joint and arm and about £65 for labour to fit it. Does this sound right?

Is the £68 for one, or both? if they are the same as non-sports I got both for about that from euro car parts, paid £160ish for fitting, but that was for arms, ball joints and the front shocks, on both sides and tracking afterwards!

Looking for 182