ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Failed

CSX

172 CUP!
On.... you guessed it little or no effort on rear brakes!

Printed of the MOT Matters April 06 Issue 31 shown it to them and got "Yea its a problem on all calls in general" i was like errr no read it!

Still woudln't pass it, so made them call VOSA and they had no one technical around until 1PM (Gillingham office, apparantly can't by-pass them ????) so they had to fax over the article and the MOT failed notice over to the women at VOSA.

So now, i gotta wait until after 1PM to see whether it passes or not.

Anyone had any similiar problems, also what if the tech monkeys don't know what they are doing and tell the MOT place not to pass it?

Thanks

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Is it still the same owners since around 1999?....if u have any idea?... my parents owned it and i lived above the shop for about 6 years....

CSX

172 CUP!
VOSA not passing my car. :(

Readings are as follows:

Front
N/S: 180
F/S: 190

Back
N/S: 40
O/S: 50

No idea what they should be. Garage taking of wheels and checking calipers/brakes and bleeding them tomorrow.... i don't hold much luck any other suggestions?

Clio 172 Cup
try the rear bias valve thingy near the rear brake lines where they come onto the rear torion beam as it can get full of crap and sticks as my cup had a similar fault freed up the bias valve then it passed.

CSX

172 CUP!
Garage have tried everything they can think off but still can't get this passed. Have checked discs/pads/calipers and they are all fine!

Still failed on rear brake eff 39%
Front brakes passed fine

They suggested taking it to Reno to look at but im worried this is going to cost me a arm and a leg and so far im getting no where!

There must be someone with an idea out there :(

Garage have tried everything they can think off but still can't get this passed. Have checked discs/pads/calipers and they are all fine!

Still failed on rear brake eff 39%
Front brakes passed fine

They suggested taking it to Reno to look at but im worried this is going to cost me a arm and a leg and so far im getting no where!

There must be someone with an idea out there :(

Take it to another garage and then complan to VOSA that the first garage din't follow there manaul.