ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT FAIL>>ADVICE NEEDED

clio sport 172
My 172's mot runs out next month so i took it in today and its failed on some small bits and bobs as follows:

left track rod end
rear brake pads
hazard light switch not working (which i knew about)
rear number plate light not working

Iv bought the track rod end and i need to know if anyone has fitted on before and how easy it is and some torque setting would be good if anyone knows them;) Obviously i need to get the tracking done after its done so iv called in a favour off a pal!

How do i change the hazard switch??? That ones got me?

brakes im doing on Saturday so there sorted!

And does the number plate light unit just pop out as im assuming its just a bulb.

Hoping someone can advise

Re: MOT FAIL>>ADVISE NEEDED

Hazard Switch just clicks out of the panel it sits in. Think you need to slide the whole panel out first though. Should be able to just swap it over for a new/used one.

Number plate light just pops up, just use a flat head screwdriver under it, unclip the cover and just unscew the bulb

clio sport 172

Hazard Switch just clicks out of the panel it sits in. Think you need to slide the whole panel out first though. Should be able to just swap it over for a new/used one.

Number plate light just pops up, just use a flat head screwdriver under it, unclip the cover and just unscew the bulb

thanks bud. Pretty obvious really but its always best to be sure;)

Anyone for the track rod end?

Dodgy one

TRE is simple, count how many turns it takes to remove it and wind it back on the same amount, It'l ensure your tracking is'nt miles out when you refit it. as for torque 25-30nm should suffice,

They're Nyloc nuts anyway so will have a job at coming off

clio sport 172

TRE is simple, count how many turns it takes to remove it and wind it back on the same amount, It'l ensure your tracking is'nt miles out when you refit it. as for torque 25-30nm should suffice,

They're Nyloc nuts anyway so will have a job at coming off

Thanks rich, good wee tip there. I seen they were nylocs but i like things to be right.

Bumder With A Buffer

UseRUse a flat screwdriver covered in something top pop the rear numberplates holder out.

U might need to clean the contacts though. The f*****s rust etc as they are exposed under the bumper there.