ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT earlier and now I'm seething!!

Lionel Richie
Renault told me my rear discs and pads were heavily worn at 12,000 miles. I sold it on 57,000 and two track days, with the original equipment still fitted. Every Renault dealer I used was run by arseholes. I'd certainly never go to one for an MOT. That's just my experience though.

renault birmingham told one of my punters his front brakes were 70% worn when they were less than 24hours old! (brown bear on here)

i was seriously shocked by that one!

Turns out that the exhaust issue, the one that was going to cost nearly £300 to fix, was a lose clamp.. Yes, a lose clamp. No corrosion at all. It's just cost me £7 to get fixed.

I can only assume that I must have knocked it on a speed bump or something.

Pleased to hear it was a small issue, I recommend you never go back to that Renault garage again! :)

172 MoNaCo.....
i had my clio serviced at renault over xmas.took it in at 9am and didnt get it back until bloody 5pm (i rung them at half 1 and they sed it wud be done in an hour!, turned up at half 2 and ended up sitting there until quarter to frikin 5!)
anyway it was getting quite dark when they give it back to me, gave it a quick once over seemed fine.
i think it was 2 or 3 days after the service that i noticed on my rear bumper some pretty deep scratches poorely touched up with a paint pen.
i know fo a fact that they wernt there when i took it in but cudnt realy go back after 3days and blame them as they would just say piss off.
in the end payed £170 for an oil change and a scrached bumper!:mad:
but at least its gotta another renault stamp in the book!