ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most expensive breakers ever

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cant blame him for trying I guess, but my god you would need to have been dropped HARD on your heard to buy anything at his prices.

Doesnt he think any modified car up for sale is only worth 6 pounds as well, am sure it was him who used to spam everyone elses for sale threads saying they were too expensive, oh the irony, lol

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cant blame him for trying I guess, but my god you would need to have been dropped HARD on your heard to buy anything at his prices.

Doesnt he think any modified car up for sale is only worth 6 pounds as well, am sure it was him who used to spam everyone elses for sale threads saying they were too expensive, oh the irony, lol

Yep lol.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  inferno 182.
think ive delt with this guy before! bought a new steering wheel from him! i called him about delivery and he said it just so happens he was passing our worksho the next day so he would drop it off! turned up the next day with a brand new 182 steering wheel in a genuine box! said that he had done a clearance of a renault dealership and it was old stock? duno and dont care cause it was £100 cheaper than from renault!

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  van low and 1.6 16v
i burst out laughing when i say that the other day. same with the engine at 950. but youll find there's people out there that would buy it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What engine?! Oh never mind, just spotted the red arrows are flying towards it so I can make it out in the engine bay.

I assume I'm drunk though cos I'm reading that as £1550. For a clio engine. A. Used. Clio. Engine.

This guys dreams are even more outrageous than my "gentlemens dreams"

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 sport
What engine?! Oh never mind, just spotted the red arrows are flying towards it so I can make it out in the engine bay.

I assume I'm drunk though cos I'm reading that as £1550. For a clio engine. A. Used. Clio. Engine.

This guys dreams are even more outrageous than my "gentlemens dreams"

My thoughts exactly

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FLOL @ his username being "bluechipsparesltd"

Kind of appropriate seeing as if you buy anything at all from him the phrase "the value of your investment may go down" has never been more certain to be correct, lol

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  340i
eBay idiot said:
here's a auction for a set of ULTRA RARE one of 500 ever to be made COMPLETE ENGINE'S! Yes a ULTRA RARE engine out of one of the last to be made TROPHY's

Is this guy on crack?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I know that renault like to charge an arm & a leg but £1500 for a standard 182 engine. I would expect a new one thats been gold plated

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Sunflower Ph1 172
I know that renault like to charge an arm & a leg but £1500 for a standard 182 engine. I would expect a new one thats been gold plated

You could completely rebuild an engine for far less, which would then basically be a zero miler.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You could completely rebuild an engine for far less, which would then basically be a zero miler.

Oh no you couldnt!

Try it!

Price up:
new pistons
rebore
new bearings
new oil pump
gaskets and seals
new water pump
new rod bolts
new head studs
new valves
new valve springs
new lifters

etc

And you will be looking at several times what you think you will be mate and.

What you mean is that you can do a cheap and cheerful freshen up style rebuild to breathe a little more life into a tired engine for about a grand, and yes you can, but it is NOT a zero miler engine afterwards, nothing like, for a start you will be taking worn bores and then taking them even bigger with the honer so your piston to bore clearnace wont just be worse than standard it will be worse than the average high miler engine etc.

There is a lot of misunderstanding on this forum about what a PROPER engine rebuild should involve IME!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
How much did you put them up for?
and how much did he say they were worth?

I paid 1.7k

Put them on Clio trophy for Standard seats plus £750 as I thought there would be a trophy owner will to do a deal that way
chuff pot said they were worth only the price of the standard seats anyway..

so that will be 1.4k then!