ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more stripping out info

clio 1.2 16v
if i full stripp out my dci part from front door cards and dash will i feel the diffrence or will it make a diffrence a will have two bucket seats

Golf GTI PP Mk7
you'll still have a reasonably slow diesel clio, it'll just have no interior.

i really wouldnt bother.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
edde in his stnadrad DCi can beat RS's all day long round a sprint track. wouldn't call them slow!

E90
^^ agreed, its not the size of the hammer its how hard you hit nail with it.

Slow cars owning faster machinery with driver talent FTW.

Seats will weigh loads, My bmw seats weighed about 20 kgs each, the OMP RS seats about 6 or 7 kgs, No brainer.

the bar just behind the back seats that you see when you open the boot weighs abit, but other than that, u wont shed much. . .

Polo Bluemotion
slightly off subject, but does anyone know what everything front seats back, weighs??, ie>rear seat, plastic quarter panels,parcel shelf, spare wheel, tool kit etc??

then obviously the next question is, what is the equation for weight=bhp?? (ie>1kg equates to 0.5bhp, or watever it is?) I was wondering this a few weeks ago when i took my sub+amp out, weighed them+realised they weighed 35kg!! Not sure if its the placebo effect, but my far feels quicker now! lol

slightly off subject, but does anyone know what everything front seats back, weighs??, ie>rear seat, plastic quarter panels,parcel shelf, spare wheel, tool kit etc??

then obviously the next question is, what is the equation for weight=bhp?? (ie>1kg equates to 0.5bhp, or watever it is?) I was wondering this a few weeks ago when i took my sub+amp out, weighed them+realised they weighed 35kg!! Not sure if its the placebo effect, but my far feels quicker now! lol
psychological, because u know youv taken it out, ud think that its noticably quicker. . .

anyway. . .i havent seen a thread about the weight of parts on here. . .i dont think theres any point in stripping unless, your heavilly modding your car or tracking it:dapprove:

Polo Bluemotion

psychological, because u know youv taken it out, ud think that its noticably quicker. . .

anyway. . .i havent seen a thread about the weight of parts on here. . .i dont think theres any point in stripping unless, your heavilly modding your car or tracking it:dapprove:

i get what your saying, but it would be interesting to play with power to weight ratios. On my last rr, the dci gave 121bhp. ive no idea what it weighs, but it would be cool to see what weight i could get it down to without compromising my comfort+keeping things reversable

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've stripped my Cup back to the bare metal, and think I've shed a genuine 70 kgs.

That puts me about 950 kgs and with 177.8 bhp my power to weight ratio is 187 bhp/ton.

The table below shows just how much extra horsepower the other RS models would need to keep up on a power-to-weight ratio basis...

BHP______Kgs____Bhp/Ton__Car
177.8_____950___187.2____my stripped 172 Cup
191.1___1,021___187.2____standard 172 Cup
199.3___1,065___187.2____182 Cup
204.0___1,090___187.2____FF 182
207.7___1,110___187.2____FF 172
228.3___1,220___187.2____197 Cup
232.1___1,240___187.2____FF 197

Losing weight is the best performance enhancing modification thing you can do. Regardless of how little you lose, it all helps.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
i get what your saying, but it would be interesting to play with power to weight ratios. On my last rr, the dci gave 121bhp. ive no idea what it weighs, but it would be cool to see what weight i could get it down to without compromising my comfort+keeping things reversable

If you lost just 60 kgs (all would still be easily reversible) you'd see your power to weight increase from 110 to 116 per ton.

That's the sames as getting a 7 bhp, or 6% power increase assuming a starting point of 1,100 kgs.

53 Clio's & counting
my old hybrid would run 14.4 @95 at pod all day long,i stripped by taking out rear seats and parcel shelf,all carpety and sound proofing,rear door cards,but kept the dash and std seats and front door cards in place, i then ran an average of 14.1 @ 99 mph so that shows the difference,then martin bought it from me,put in some bucket seats,took the dash and roof lining out,and put in plastic windows and that dropped to 13.9 @ 102 iirc

172 Race Car
My ph1 172 currently has a down on power engine and was rolling roaded at around 20-25bhp less than other standard ones tested on the same day. Its stripped to the gills and weighs in at 950-980Kgs
On a 0-100mph run at the airfield recently there was nothing in it against a standard 172ff. So as Mark's post says it does make a BIG difference

BHP______Kgs____Bhp/Ton__Car
177.8_____950___187.2____my stripped 172 Cup

207.7___1,110___187.2____FF 172

Just fold the rear seats down? lol

nah in all seriousness man strip out and a remap would make such a differance to a diesel :)

clio 1.2 16v
they 0-60 is about 14secs acording to parkers guide what do you think it will go down to with remap and fully stripped out i need to be able to beat a standed 1.6 focus (clever chav thinks its cool to take over evry one and trying to race every one he needs to be put in his place by a lil clio lol)

clio 1.2 16v
they 0-60 is about 14secs acording to parkers guide what do you think it will go down to with remap and fully stripped out i need to be able to beat a standed 1.6 focus (clever chav thinks its cool to take over evry one and trying to race every one he needs to be put in his place by a lil clio lol)

172 cup
the bar just behind the back seats that you see when you open the boot weighs abit, but other than that, u wont shed much. . .

I have also removed this today, but what is it actually for? Is it some kind of strut brace or just un-needed weight?

clio 1.2 16v
celtic tunning proformance worker outer thing says if i lost 70kg and remap to 85hp it will go down to 10 secs is this a bit optrmistic

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Stripping out will always make a difference.

Corner better, higher economy, better acceleration and braking. How much is dependant on the weight you save.

Buckets instead of the standard seats is easy and will save a lot. Rear seats and spare wheel/tool kit out also (don't do that unless you can afford to be late if you pop a tyre though).

53 Clio's & counting
the stock anti roll bar if it has one will be under the car mate,as already said it will be the isofix bar

the bar behind the back seats is to stop stuff in the boot going forward and trying to push the rear seats forward in an accident

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup

Get a valver, mine batters ST170's all day long :rasp: thats with all the seats and a sub in the boot

FF-Cupped 182 '05
the bar behind the back seats is to stop stuff in the boot going forward and trying to push the rear seats forward in an accident

So, it has for sure nothing to do with enhancing the rigidity of the chassis (even as a side-effect)? I'll take it out tonight if that's the case..