ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More Photo Editing

Mental 172 Cup
Hi all,

Ive recently come back from Dubai and its an amazing place to photograph due to buildings etc. The only problem is because of the heat (50degrees) and the humidity you tend to get a haze that tend to ruin some amazing photographic oppourtunitys but giving a misty effect to certain photos.

For example:

DSC_6499.gif

DSC_6487.gif

As you can see the haze has kinda ruined the photo and I was wondering is there anysort of editing you can do to make the photo look any better???

Thanks

Luke

Cupra
You were shooting towards the sun which will reduce contrast so you can try boosting that.

Black and white is normally a good fall back if all else fails.

I tried the second one for you just playing with the curve.

2rrw11j.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Slight bit of contrast should do it mate, I found the same when I was out there!

Btw, snap ;)

4665381999_330ca2a9bc.jpg

Mental 172 Cup
thats where I got the inspiration from ;) yours seems to be shot at the same time of day but a little later then mine as the sun has settled slightly! I think im going to have to go out there again in the winter when its less humid and have a go then! :)

Oil Burner
My effort.

The haze on the l/h side is just a bit strong to completely get rid of it.

Side effect has been to remove the nice amber glow of the sun. Could sort this in photoshop.

951424118_opFoL-M.jpg

Mental 172 Cup
that looks good I like that! what programs do you all use to edit???

by the way if it makes it any easier I have a RAW file of this image!

Oil Burner
that looks good I like that! what programs do you all use to edit???

by the way if it makes it any easier I have a RAW file of this image!

I just used Lightroom, download the trial and give it a go.

The clarity slider, contrast and fill light were the 3 most effective changes i made.