ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monitor speakers

Help please.

My speakers for my computer decided to pack-in a while ago, so i thought I could carry for the time being with the built in speakers on my monitor, they dont seem to be working either and never have. could there any simple reason for this?

Before you ask, I dont have it on mute or volume too low.

Thanks in advance

You have connected the monitor to the soundcard haven't you?

Im not sure on this one. About a year ago my hard drive packed in, so my brother stuck his in it and ive just been running on that ever since, I know I need to sort it as my computer is a pain to start up because of this, but I just haven't got round to sorting it.

Do you think that could be it? I think also my speakers are still pluged in the back.

Christ I sound lazy.

172 Cup
lol @ the lazy comment.

Obviously your monitor will be connected to the PC via an RGB or DVI cable but this carries video signals only. If the monitor has built-in speakers you will need another cable to connect it to the soundcard.

lol @ the lazy comment.

Obviously your monitor will be connected to the PC via an RGB or DVI cable but this carries video signals only. If the monitor has built-in speakers you will need another cable to connect it to the soundcard.

ah, I see.

not sure if I would have one of these cables, where do I get one? could the one off my speakers do? or are they not universal?

172 Cup
It could be one of a few types of cable but it's normally a simple cable with a 3.5mm stereo jack at either end of it.

C184-27405.jpg

Saying that as I've got no idea what your monitor is or what speakers you were using previously it's impossible for me to say whether your current cable(s) are the correct type.

It could be one of a few types of cable but it's normally a simple cable with a 3.5mm stereo jack at either end of it.

C184-27405.jpg

Saying that as I've got no idea what your monitor is or what speakers you were using previously it's impossible for me to say whether your current cable(s) are the correct type.

Ive had a quick look at my monitor and there seems to be no other port available to take another cable.

will have a mess about later and see if I can sort something out. Thanks for your help.