ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moisture in Alacantara Seats

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
hey guys

Today i got into the car wearing my coat cause it was pissing down and a load of the water on my coat has soaked into the alacantara bits of the seats...

Now the damn car is steaming up all the time and im getting a wet back

Anyone know what i could do about this ?

Time to get the old wet vac out is it ??

Some of those packets you get with new stuff in carboard boxes, That contain moisture catchers.

I think rice in a bowl absorbs moisture.

Or heat the car up for 15 mins then open the windows?

1.2 Dynamique
ye u can get big packets of those silica gel type things for when u leave caravans (try caravan/campin shops) over the winter, jus whack one of those in ur car over night and it shud b fine.
i left one in my car for a few months when i was at uni and it stopped any moisture/mould building up.

hope that helps

Clio RS
Try something like this

RMDH-09large.jpg

or something similar...

http://www.meaco.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DV300

There is a lot dehumidifiers on the market that do not require electrical power, they have some replaceable silica tablets, or something like in this link...

Just leave one in the car and you will see water collecting...

I had a little pool in my car last year and after I removed, cleaned and put back the carpet I used something similar and must tell you it works!!!

Maybe they have some portable dehumidifiers on 12V but I did not seen one...

Take care...