ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modification list question

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Hello,

I am yet a new member to clio club and I own a 2000 Clio RS ph1 which I love.

I also happen to own a mitsu evo x, and read a bunch of forums. What I really do miss on this great forum is a good list of mods for our cars.

What I mean is that if someone from the community with a bunch of experience could write a good list of things that should be done to the car

In a chronological order. For example, first buy an RS tuner, get 888 tires and so on, here is an example of I am talking about:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33220

Something of this sort would extremely help guys like me, who are unsure of what things are really strong in our car, and what things need

immediate attention and upgrading. I know my driver seat does not recline and just sucks, as well as my engine revs jump up and down.

Also, little things that need attention, or even things that are a one way fix, like rattles or other errors in our car.

Anyway, I might be talking nonsense, but I hope this post will be worthwile.

Oh and my car <3

DSC_1789-vi.jpg

182, 172 Track Shed
There are a fair few threads listing mods if you have a search (not saying you haven't)

May be tricky as a lot is down to peoples opinion and what the car will be used for etc

Idea does seem to have some merit though

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
There are a fair few threads listing mods if you have a search (not saying you haven't)

May be tricky as a lot is down to peoples opinion and what the car will be used for etc

Idea does seem to have some merit though

Well I did look and find that there are threads that have fixes for the car and so on, however, they are for members only.

Anyhow, if no one is up for it I will just search some more.

Well I did look and find that there are threads that have fixes for the car and so on, however, they are for members only.

Feel free to become a member? :p For all the guides, discounts & knowledge it was the best £12 I spent on my RS Clio.

The RS Clios are absolutely fantastic out of the box (the mk2 "cup" suspension in particular seems to have the perfect amount of compliance for B roads) to the point that IMO you don't "need" to improve anything immediately. It's not like the thing will combust or you'll go straight on at roundabouts if you don't immediately uprate compnents X, Y and Z.

Now, if you want to go down a specific route, e.g. fast road/track/race spec then there certainly are combinations of components "to go for" and loads of info/threads on which ITBs, which brakes, which £xxx suspension setup etc.