ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modernising the 182. New Renault Badge [Picture Heavy, Probably a waste of your time]

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
I decided to move along with the corporate identity with Renault, and rid my 182 of the hideous old font on the back.
IMG_4647_zps90062c96.jpg

Yes, I know she's dirty.

Took the little rascal off with a heat gun, and unfortunately turned my Subway card very floppy.
IMG_4648_zpsbad87f74.jpg

Left with that adhesive, I used AutoGlyms tar remover, a few moments of elbow grease later... I had finally removed most of the adhesive.
IMG_4650_zpsd543233f.jpg

And once more, coated the marks in Meguiars Scratch x 2.0 until it was deliciously pristine.
IMG_4653_zps3fd1924f.jpg

Then I popped on the new badge. ( I hope it's in the right place!)
IMG_4657_zps99d334a5.jpg

IMG_4658_zps3ff22a6d.jpg

Voila. What do you guys think?

In totally unrelated news, Im now selling a 'used' Renault Badge. NotReally

Nice condition. Also very easily utlised as a handy little RsGrille feature.
IMG_4652_zpsb4945001.jpg

IMG_4661_zps3d733b2c.jpg

Titanium 182
Re: Modernising the 182. New Renault Badge [Picture Heavy, Probably a waste of your t

You did what I did and didn't line it up with the Clio badge. I'm not sure if I like it there or whether I'll try again and put another one on.

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Re: Modernising the 182. New Renault Badge [Picture Heavy, Probably a waste of your t

You did what I did and didn't line it up with the Clio badge. I'm not sure if I like it there or whether I'll try again and put another one on.

I think it looks mint where it is, Im removing the clio one soon anyway, gonna get the new RS badge.

Looks to high to me :dapprove: I couldn't live with it there :rasp: as it makes the car look wonky

​Not sure if I hate the original badge enough to change mine yet

RB Clio 182

I think it looks mint where it is, Im removing the clio one soon anyway, gonna get the new RS badge.
[/COLOR]

So you are going to have the 197 renaultsport badge on the left and the 200 renaultsport badge on the right?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)

So you are going to have the 197 renaultsport badge on the left and the 200 renaultsport badge on the right?

I think that's what he means. What the...!

172 Cup

tbh I think it looks rubbish. sorry.

Ph2 Flamer

I think the grill looks epic, glue it on (sort the N out though first)

b/g 182, meg tourer

its not following the same line as the clio badge, they are at different heights. i think it would look good if they were at the same level.

I put mine on about 1cm too high and it's bugging me! :dapprove:

Ended up ordering a new one and moving it down. Yours is even higher!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

All that effort in old badge removal and cleaning it up (which looked great), then you place the new badge in the wrong place!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Well, you got the thread title spot on...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Prefer old one TBH.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Looks crap. Nothing wrong with the old one.

BMW F21 125d

That's my old 182! Good to see it still on CS.

The 'N' looks upside down to me too, and the 'ault' doesn't line up with the 'ren'.

Mondeo TDCI 130

I have seen this car before, lol! Several times! :) I like the badge positioning isn't great though pal. Maybe get another one day and drop it a bit!

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup

Never before I have seen such flaming haha.
I like where it is, don't think I'll move it.

That's my old 182! Good to see it still on CS.

The 'N' looks upside down to me too, and the 'ault' doesn't line up with the 'ren'.

Yeah I'm in love with it. I dont know how that's possible lol, it' comes all lined up and ready from Renault themselves.
(Unless you're referring to the one in the grille ofcourse haha)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

Only problem i can see is that its too high.

Other than that its sure does clean the rear of any clio up.