ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Phone Contract Thread.

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
I disagree to be fair, lots of deals are cheaper for 2 years than it is to buy the phone outright.

E.g. S23 Ultra 512gb deal on contract is £1133 total cost over 24 months with 100gb data pm

The phone on it's own is £1400.. (512GB model)
I'm sure the usual idea is to charge a customer a price for the phone and the mins/text/data that at the very least ends up being slightly more than the phones RRP... otherwise, where are they actually making any money?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Won my battle with o2 and theyve let me end my contract early without paying the £250 fee. Gone for this, cheapest I could find and are supposedly all good.

013631BE-0F32-4BAD-A102-9E86BD9BC0B5.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sim only deal was due this month. Paying 17 and 25gb at the apparat lower speeds, can’t say I’ve noticed lol.

Now £12 and 10gb a month (I use 4 on average, max 6) and the higher speeds.

Winner.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Sim only deal was due this month. Paying 17 and 25gb at the apparat lower speeds, can’t say I’ve noticed lol.

Now £12 and 10gb a month (I use 4 on average, max 6) and the higher speeds.

Winner.

Seems pricey. Who’s that with? I just resigned up to O2 with 30Gb for £8. I’ll arguably not be able to use any of the 30gig due to the s**t signal but still, every little helps 🤷🏻‍♂️

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Been with ee for ever and very rare have issues with signal etc so happy to pay a couple of quid more. It’s the same with our broadband which is Vodafone. In the three years with have had two issues that have been rectified within two days. Been with sky, ee, bt and Vodafone have been the best, again probably not the cheapest.

DCi
I'm at the end of my contract and I went into the Vodafone shop to see what I could get yesterday.
I discovered a few things:
-They've started doing what o2 do and split the minutes/handset costs
-The handset deals now default to 3 years not 2

I get a discount scheme with Vodafone from work, I mentioned the way its always worked is you go to the shop, buy your phone the go online and apply for the discount separately and they apply it - it's always been fine.
The guy in the shop said I cant do that anymore, I have to go to the discount provider, they will generate a discount code and I will need to buy online
Just checked on works intranet and thats a load of rubbish, the old way is still the way

I wanted to buy in the shop so I knew the trade in price there and then with someone having seen my current phone

Think I'll go to the other nearby vodafone shop and just insist on doing the deal but will probably look at buying the phone outright vs tying myself into 3 years

Seems like o2 have moved to 3 year deals now, that seems like a negative for the customer but I imagine its the new normal :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It’s highly unlikely I would grab a contract phone at my current £12 p/m with my 13 pro max

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
my contracts up in a few days, 36 money contracts are bs.. it’s just more interest as the annual April inflation is added and you’ll be locked into 3 years of burning impatience as new models come out.

No thank you..

Sim only for me again.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
One of my family members is thinking of moving to another network, i don't know the full story it's either the mobile or the network as it keeps cutting off sometimes when on the mobile when speaking to people, the mobile is my old one which is about 6 years old now. She's with EE at the minute paying around £15 for Sim Only. I've only been with EE for ever really so i don't know what the O2 and other networks are like.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
O2 from my experience has signal, but just doesn’t load most of the time, worst network I’ve ever used.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I need to sort my EE contract out, any good deals available iPhone user, currently out of contract & getting screwed over 🤦‍♂️

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
With how bad most contracts are now inclusive of phone I’d just be taking 12 months sim only and buying handsets

Still works out more expensive if you don’t get a good deal though. Eg what I just signed up to.

Phone is £949 on it’s own from Apple, meaning i’m paying £60 approx. for the data/minutes etc

1694109665195.png

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
But that deal only exists because they’re about to bring a 15.

I can almost guarantee that when the 15 comes out the only contract deals will be SHOCKING.

Yep no doubt, given up having the latest model etc though!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Been a while since I was on EE website and thought I’d take a look at the Sim Only deals . Now when looking it’s not just looking at the Price and Data, now you need to look at the Speed. Saw some alright prices and data but looked at the speed, it’s max is 10mbps, thought it was a typo but looked at other plans and they got max 100mbps . Makes no sense really, these company’s got it sussed out ways of getting more profit and also why get 5G or super fast what ever and all you getting is max of 10mbps

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just ring them, the prices on their site are crap.

I was on the lower speed (can’t say I noticed, ever) at £17 a month a year ago. This year I’m on the higher?!? speeds at £12 a month with 10/15gb of data. My usage is a constant 4-6 max.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I find it odd that there are still even data limits tbh. Like they can only harvest so much data in a season and have to impose limits for it.

Anyway, I know f**k all about running a mobile network so maybe it is necessary 🤷🏻‍♂️

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just ring them, the prices on their site are crap.

I was on the lower speed (can’t say I noticed, ever) at £17 a month a year ago. This year I’m on the higher?!? speeds at £12 a month with 10/15gb of data. My usage is a constant 4-6 max.
i updated my Sim Only few months ago, i did look online but ended up ringing them up and got a deal that wasn't on their website 100GB for £20, was only 12 month contract too, i was just browsing see what they was and also looking for my family as i know a couple are eligible for upgrade now

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
They do various deals over the phone, most popular being the one I’m on. Did mention my loyalty discount I get which was swiftly declined ha ha.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
EE price rise on 31st March, my monthly goes up by £4.78

Started on a £53 a month contract will now be paying £65 piss taking c***s.

5 months left on the contract then I’ll be going sim only in future.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've just gone to Smarty (I think @MarkCup recommended them?) Waiting for the number to swap over before putting the SIM in. £7 a month for 15gb data which is more than enough for me.

I'm also going to use the spare SIM with 10% discount for the little lads phone which is a bonus as the data he will need means it's two sins for less than I was paying SIM only with Vodafone

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
EE price rise on 31st March, my monthly goes up by £4.78

Started on a £53 a month contract will now be paying £65 piss taking c***s.

5 months left on the contract then I’ll be going sim only in future.

I’ll be moving to a sim only for the first time soon.

I don’t even know what iPhone I’ve got tbh. I know it’s a pro max. But it’s perfectly fine. I’m not paying £60 a month for a mobile phone ffs.

It’s just a phone. And iPhones never change much anyway

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Another vote for sim only, still with o2 who are crap tbh, but only paying £11 for 25gb of data and paid for my new iPhone up front, that's not even a great deal. Far better anyway IMO.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone with three? Think I'm done with them now there service has gradually been worse and I think its been down more this last week than it has been on. I hope they're not expecting full bill to be paid. I'm paying like £21 a month for everything included and unlimited data. What good deals are most going with now?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Anyone with three? Think I'm done with them now there service has gradually been worse and I think its been down more this last week than it has been on. I hope they're not expecting full bill to be paid. I'm paying like £21 a month for everything included and unlimited data. What good deals are most going with now?
I'm on iD mobile which uses Three and most of this week I've not been able use my phone outside of WiFi. f**king useless!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on iD mobile which uses Three and most of this week I've not been able use my phone outside of WiFi. f**king useless!

Yeah it's frustrating. They are cheap I'll give them that but I guess you get what you pay for now because it's either slow even with a good 4G signal or like this last week not even working at all barely.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Shout out for 1p mobile, they use EE and I’ve noticed no difference to when I had real EE. £10 for 25GB.