ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Networks - 3 & Orange/T-Mobile

Just a quick one chaps.

My girlfriend is after a new phone, and has seen a few deals on 3 and also Orange/T-Mobile.

I haven't had any experience of either of these networks, so was after people's opinions? Good coverage, customer service etc?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with orange...ill be honest where I live (nearly out in the fens) it's pretty shocking, it has got better since they teamed up with t-mobile however it's still not great..

Excellent signal with orange since they merged with tmobile. I'm having 3g issues at the minute though at work, unsure if its my sim card or them at fault.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent signal with orange since they merged with tmobile. I'm having 3g issues at the minute though at work, unsure if its my sim card or them at fault.

Same, perfect signal but no network even though though my phone says it has.

I have been fobbed off by them over and over since last September so they got reported to CISAS the other week. I won't be renewing with them.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Tmob have been great for me. Miles better than Vodafone. Customer service is fine, occasionally it goes through to India but they usually sort it out.

My wife is on Three and coverage etc seems exactly the same. She has had no issues except once in a while she struggles for reception indoors of shops eg Debenhams etc.

After speaking to them last week and being fobbed off that it was busy network traffic, my issue seems resolved today. Not a bad word to say about them usually. If the problems start up again I'll look at changing when my contract expires in Jun.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive been with Orange for 10+ years and never any real problems, now with Virgin who use the Orange/T-Mobile network as its cheaper

SQ5
Orange signal is brilliant, I rarely have no signal. Currently sitting in a pub car park in a village, using my iPhone personal hotspot and getting 10mb/s on 3G on the iPad!

Focus ST-3
I would avoid 3.

I was with them for 4 years, and 4 different handsets, all of which went faulty within the first year, may be a coincidence, but since leaving for O2 none of my phones have ever had an issue.

Their customer service is appalling and their coverage is shite.

I actually ended up cancelling my last 24 month contract 10 months early, despite having to pay them about £300 to do so. I was that desperate to leave.

They then offered me a free 32gb iPhone, unlimited calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data for something like £15 a month, just to keep my custom. I still turned it down and paid double that at O2 and paid £100 for the handset.

I'm with 3.

Great network, I always get excellent 3G coverage, and it's usually faster than most WIFI connections. They have a truly unlimited data allowance too, not that I really use it.

Customer service is pretty poor though. Be it instore, or over the phone, they're not great.

Guess it depends on what you value highest.

clio sold :(
3 always been Brilliant great customer service quick to sort out any problems I have. I got a Note 2 in November and I lost the stylus in town on day two.
So I went into the shop and they gave me a new one very pleased.
Also get fantastic signal. Loads better than orange or Vodafone in my area