ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mkII phII 1.2 16v dynamque progress thread

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
right well bought this i know its not a sport but i like it, its nice and nippy but cornering is great for a non sport car loads of grip well till it lets go haha but thats going to change, no point in looking at any sort of power gains so strictly running gear work and some detailing n a few lil mods oem parts mainly plus its also got low insurance well here it is
IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

oh and got these to get the ball rolling havent tried turtle wax before but its supost to be good on black cars
IMAG0095.gif

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
sorry forgot to mention my plans
engine=
k-tec exhaust system
sport cat
182 style rear backbox(s)
K-tec induction kit (as they are the only people still doing the chromed convertor plate
quick shifter
and remapped

Running gear
lowering springs 35 maybe 50 not sure yet need a lil advice first
k-tec anti roll bar
front strut brace
rear strut brace
uprated bushes

Exterior
good detail
172/182 front grill
smoke/tint rear windows
spray the bullets silver/chrone un decided
refurb standard alloys and change colour

interior
172/182 seats and door cards

audio
philips hd
decent set of comps front/rear
vibe 12'' sub and vibe amp

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks like my old 1.2. Plans sound good but don't bother with a remap, sports cat or quick shifter. Get the exhaust you like and I'd be tempted to go panel filter as opposed to induction kit. All IMHO.
I had one and the exhaust did enough but was the most I could get out of it.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
been lookin at the panel filters any u could sugest never done aftermarket panel filters before lol

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
seen that on the site think ill order one next weekend, oh n i found a old pik of my saxo interior done my own custom parts just thaught id throw it up prety early into the build so was some ruff edges ill try find one of wen it was finished.
Photo0004.jpg

Photo0006.jpg

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Half the mods seem a very expensive way of gaining... Not much.

Remap won't do much, the exhaust isn't exciting, quick shifter seems silly and can't see how a strut brace or two will massively help. :/ If you have the money then yeah it could be fun, but doing all that I'd personally wait until you had a real sport.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
i know the remap got questioned before going to give the map a miss, wont be going for a sport any time soon looking at buying a house so want to keep monthly bills to a minimum and just mod when i have spare money. so will have to make do with the lil 1.2 for a while not bothered as its realy cheap to run and if it dont put a smile on my face in a straight line ill make it do it when i walk out the front door and look at it instead haha all show no go lmao, never thaught id hear myself say that after i disposed of the vts haha

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
right well just bought this off theycallmepaul off here going to collect this afternoon so hopefully will get round to fitting it today, if not tomorro afternoon so the progress is now started officaly haha
SAM_1208.gif

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well only just got home made a 120mile trip for the grill haha but a bargin at 35 quid too dark to fit it now but ill get it on tomorro after work n take piks and make a guide as iv noticed theres none on here and going to give the car a good clean as its rotten before and after piks to follow.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
well only just got home made a 120mile trip for the grill haha but a bargin at 35 quid too dark to fit it now but ill get it on tomorro after work n take piks and make a guide as iv noticed theres none on here and going to give the car a good clean as its rotten before and after piks to follow.

120 mile trip for the RS grille, not being funny but how much did it cost you in fuel to make the trip?

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
suprisingly only like 12 quid haha it was in blackpool so also had to go to the pleasure beach on the rides aswell made a day out of it. was lookin at a thread last night where people was puting the french flag on the rs grills which gave me a idea im not goting to say yet but if it works it look great if not the satin's coming out haha

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
right well iv got home from work and the weather is crap so grill wont be getting fitted but i went out and got some primer and satin black so going to spray it it was in great condition but i want it to look brand new. has anybody sprayed there bum strips cos im thinking of doing them aswell but not sure haha bit of advice is needed

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
ok well prety much finished the grill primed and on the second coat of colour not going to clear (i like the mat'ish finish).

before
SAM_1208-1.gif

primed
IMAG0096.gif

finished
IMAG0098.gif

IMAG0099.gif

oh and i bought some lil bits got maguires clay bar, and some lil stuff for a sevice new coolant/anti freeze, oil and filter. not replaceing the air filter as im goin to order a panel filter next week.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
ta paul id like to say thanks again it was in great shape how you sold it to me i just tried to bring it as close to brand new lookin condition as i could oh and added my final touch to it haha
IMAG0102.gif

its only a temp tape job but i realy like it just want to see it on the car before i spray it on any thaughts on spraying the side strips the same? also got a suprise idea for my bullets

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
thanks wethers settle its clear outside am going to takle the fitment and fight the cold haha well im widhing myself luck never removed and fitted a bumper in the dark so here it goes good job i have a strip light haha

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
hate it when that happens lol lucky i work in a jaguar/landrover/range rover factory as a repairman (i basicaly fix the cars trim if its damaged not fitted properly etc) so picked up a few tricks on how to remember where iv put everythink haha doesnt always work thou haha, magaged to get the grill on without taking the bumper off wiggled then i ended prety much had to snap the factory fit to get it out haha didnt break any clips thou and realised who ever owned it before me has taken the bumper off in the past i think as the top two screws were missing so i replaced them when i wiggled the new grill in no clips broken again good job then. bit dark for a pic but going the garage soon so ill get some then.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
aaaaa good too here. found my bolts aha, the was in the car on the floor :D. gold fish memory.

lucky git working for jag/land and rangrover!! sounds a awesome job:cool:

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
haha it has its good points but im a team leader now so can be a bit of a headache having to run around after the lads in my group on the line haha, i work on the doorline so basicaly get thr doors bare just painted door then build them up completly from looms to door cards prety interesting watchin a door get built, so find it funny sometimes when people show piks of how they took there door apart in the totaly wrong order and snap and break everything because they didnt know about hidden screws etc.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
disaster started spraying up my interior strip things on the dash and messed the long one up went to move it slightly to get a better angle on a edge and it slipped so now half the colour coats smuggled and also on the newspaper haha ill sand it back an respray in the morning but the smaller one is done ill post a pik soon

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well just goin in from work and found a special delivary can you guess what it is????????

IMAG0103.gif

my springs came was proper suprised as i only odered them on friday thanks k-tech racing

IMAG0104.gif

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
sorry no progress through the week and iv have piks i need to put up going to get the springs on tomorrow hopefully and give the car a good valet bought loads of cleaning gear through the week so that i can get some decent pictures up. thinking about refurbing my wheels black maybe white but i have a few curbing marks (previous owner) wheels are straight though so am told had the car laser tracked, what should i use to fill the marks liquid metal, body filler????????

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
ok so progress on the car has been slow the last two weeks, but iv been collecting a few goodies haha just ordered a 182 style exhaust from k-tec, still also got my spring waiting to be fitted weather permited haha, i got exited when i found out but the parents have bought me a trolley jack, axle stands and a few other goodies to help me work on the car,

so progress so far

HID headlights completed
sprayed dash strips completed
rs grill completed
tailored car mats (black) completed
clio sport tax holder completed
clio sport rear screen membership sticker completed
35- lowering springs awaiting fitment
182 style exhaust ​awaiting delivary and fitment

piks will follow later

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
car is rotten so no point taking any of the outside yet hopefully ill get it cleaned tomorrow if it stays dry
IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
right well havent had any progress for a while so thaught a lil up date is due so things to be done as im off work till the 5th of jan so going to be getting as much as i can done over the holidays :

good valet and detail
lowering springs
exhaust still has not arrived
and sprayin some more of the interior (door handles, center console etc)
maybe change the leds in the buttons and dials thinking about going blue

Octavia VRS LE
i done exactly the same with my interior dash strips but got annoyed at looking at it all the time so ripped it off lol tidy car thou some good progress getting done

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
oh and forgot to add going to be fixing my gear gaitor as the previous owner broke the clips so it doesnt hold in place, seen a guide on how to DIY fix it so going to try it out sick of changing gear and the gaitor wobbling round everywhere you can just see it in one of the pics.

thanks lads i wasnt sure on the dash strips at first but thaught they looked realy good when fitted, going to see if i can get a airbag sticker to go on the longer one to give it a little bit more of a genuine part look.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
ok so not much of a update as im working on the car properly tomorrow but fitted some silver indicator bulbs today makes the headlights look so much cleaner tried to get a pik but flash on the cam blurs it ill try and get one tomorrow afeter iv lowered it and detailed the car

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
ok so managed to get the rear springs on then gave the inside of the car a good valet. realy shocked how low the back looks only using 35- springs haha like the look thou just going to do the front tomorrow and hopefully give the outside a detail been waiting to attack the car with the clay bar and some wax hahaill post some pics tomorrow after iv lowered the front.

Clio Mk2 Extreme
The job on the trim looks ace, I'm wanting to spray mine Electric Blue, along with my front calipers and rear drums. Was the trim easy to remove? is it a snap on/off piece or will I have to remove half of the dash to find screws? I have the ph III so should be the same?? Any tips for a first timer?

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
not sure if the the ph 3 is the same should be thou, i simply got a lipper tool (plasti wedge thing haha) slotted it behind and levered it all off not hard at all 2min job. my only tip is when you spraying them up make sure you clean them properly and get a good key on them paint work is all in the prep and if your a first time rattle canner practise on something first and get ust to using it.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
right well braved the cold today and manged to finish the lowering part of my project not actualy too hard to do i simply followed a guide in the members section, so the front is looking right now after having to drive around the last few days with a lowered rear and standard front haha drove like a bag of s**t lmao. well im actualy impressed with apex springs the rides nice and smooth but so much firmer than standard dynamique set up think ill be changing the shocks not sure what brand to go for yet ill have to do a bit of looking around. they were suposed to be a 35- drop but looks so much lower closer to 40-45 drop from them, wanted to get some piks while doing the job but camera battery was dead ill get sum up tomorrow,

so jobs left
fix/change front splitter/spoiler considering getting a skoda 1
fix front headlights- 1 has a bad seal so has misted up also going to be restoring them as the clear plastic is scratched and yellowed
refurb/change alloys
fit the 182 style exhaust (when it finaly arrives anyway)

Clio Mk2 Extreme
not sure if the the ph 3 is the same should be thou, i simply got a lipper tool (plasti wedge thing haha) slotted it behind and levered it all off not hard at all 2min job. my only tip is when you spraying them up make sure you clean them properly and get a good key on them paint work is all in the prep and if your a first time rattle canner practise on something first and get ust to using it.

Cheers for the info, I've just received my spray, a little darker than i'd hoped for. I think Spray shack will be getting a call for help. I'm not too bad with a can to be fair.
If anyone knows how i can get hold of 182 Blue in a can that'd be a great help? Cheers Seltking.(i'll post the final result)

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
looking forward to seeing it mate, well just been in touch with k-tec they have my 182 style back box but no centre sections to go with it so got to wait about two more weeks till it turns up on my door haha oh well means ill have to get cracking with the lil odd jobs i need to fix on the car in the mean time. so getting a good clean in the next few days and hopefull will be getting the ecu fixed aswell pain in the ass haha

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
ok so tomorrow is progress day managed to get a full weekend off work yay haha so plan is:
build a false floor for my sub and amp to sit in so theres no movement in the boot and get the cables hidden bought all the materials today so tomorrows plan is

boot false floor build and install
philips cem3000 hu install
vibe slick aO amp install
vibe slick 12'' sub install
get the crappy 6x9 speakers off the parcel shelf (disconted months ago)

then give the car a clean and load some piks

P.S also ordered some goodies haha got a black trs tow strap and some wind deflectors in the post