ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Clio Diesel - things to look out for?

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Afternoon CS,

I posted a bit ago about buying a diesel saloon - turns out running costs are something that are too much. Fancied a diesel 3 series and the price of parts was astronomical never mind insurance, tax etc. Maybe when I'm a bit richer :smile: 1k a year insurance, servicing is ridiculous even with mates rates, tax was getting on for 200 quid a year... just too much.

Instead I decided to look closer to home - I can't afford a new shape (mk4?) Clio, and I have a Mk2, so that leaves the Mk3 diesel which I do quite like. I'm looking at the 1.5 dCi - anything to look out for, like expensive items that I need to check that have been done (like belts on the petrol Clios etc). Tax is 30 quid a year, not 130 quid a year like it is now, insurance is less, mpg should be higher so worth buying one.

Also - estate or not?

Ta.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Belts aren't expensive on these, we charge £370.00 inclusive of VAT.

http://www.diamondmotors.net/our-prices/timing-belt-replacement/

The only thing you really need to watch for on these cars is steering and seat fabric condition (try don't wear well), electrics aren't normally an issue but check it all functions, and specific to the 1.5... Make sure it starts from cold without issue as they seem to like injectors.

The rest is simple and pretty cheap

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
try and find a dci 106 and you get the nice 6 speed box and they go really well. Pay a bit more in road tax right enough sure its £105 vs the £30 of the 68/86 and sure the 88 is tax exempt