ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 phase 1 or phase 2

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
500-dollar-websites.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I like them both but this is gonna be a bias thread ph1 owners will say ph1 & ph2 owners will say ph2

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I own a phase 2, and even in epic RB colour its still not a patch on the phase 1 for looks. put is this way, I had my phase 1 for 2 years and didn't do a thing to how it looked, in fact I returned it to standard, the phase 2 I keep modifying because I don't like the way it looks, I just love the colour!lol!

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
I own a Phase 1, but I'd like to get a 172 Phase 2 for my next car... I say this because I'm more into the whole on-board computer stuff - my particular Phase 1 doesn't have an on-board computer (I know some do, though!), nor does it have anything like seat height adjustment or anything. Basically, aside from central locking, it's got nothing in the way of extras; it's very much a base model of a basic car. Don't get me wrong, I bloody love my Clio, and I never will not love it for being my first car, but I just feel like I need a little more in the way of technology and the like. So, for that reason, I'm on the fence entirely!

I own a Phase 1, but I'd like to get a 172 Phase 2 for my next car... I say this because I'm more into the whole on-board computer stuff - my particular Phase 1 doesn't have an on-board computer (I know some do, though!), nor does it have anything like seat height adjustment or anything. Basically, aside from central locking, it's got nothing in the way of extras; it's very much a base model of a basic car. Don't get me wrong, I bloody love my Clio, and I never will not love it for being my first car, but I just feel like I need a little more in the way of technology and the like. So, for that reason, I'm on the fence entirely!

Thats because its a 'poverty spec' :rasp: My ph1 has all the above ;)

Personally though ive had both the ph2 and now a ph1 and much prefer the ph1's looks in RS spec, yes the dash looks dated but i have become used to it and now actually quite like it :)

Ph1
When you see a ph1 172 behind you, you know its a 172 Sport.

See a ph2 172 / 182 and its hard to tell from any other model in the Clio ph2 range.