ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 1.2 simple slow changes.

mk2 1.2 clio
Hey all, first post on here, thought i would share my pics and current changes.

Everythings very slow so far,

Final things to save for for now will be new alloys, im thinking possible Rover 25 multi spokes, and spray them black, but not sure yet.....

Good old hub caps have taken a scrapping over the past year or so.

Anyhoo, here we are:

This is when i first picked it up about a year ago.
24092010014.jpg24092010015.jpg24092010017.jpg

Then i changed the hub caps and added some ridiculous lights to the front that i took off that same day.
Clio (1).jpgClio (5).jpg

Changed interior light
Clio (14).jpg

Changed number plate bulb to LED & massively fudged up the old tint on the rear window, which also go removed.
Clio (15).jpgClio (16).jpgClio (17).jpgClio (18).jpg

Changed the front bulbs to H4 super brights (blue tinge) & changed boot light and put all the logos in black, then gave it a clean.
Clio (20).jpgClio (23).jpgClio (25).jpg

Then Lowered it.
Clio (31).jpg

Changed the rear spoiler for a cup spoiler & converted tail lights to ph2 lights, also changed from the super long ariel to a Bee-sting type
Clio (33).jpgClio (34).jpgClio (42).jpg

Changed the dials to white with a silver surround & painted the clock surround silver too.

Clio (44).jpgClio (43).jpg

And heres how she looks today.

Clio (35).jpgClio (36).jpgClio (37).jpgClio (38).jpgClio (39).jpgClio (40).jpgClio (45).jpg

Showing off Clio sport tax disc holder. (Lowlife is the name of a song i like by a band called Theory of a Deadman, they arnt quite a sinister as the name suggests)
Clio (48).jpg

Currently waiting for the lights to dry, trying out the smoked look, might keep it.....might not.
Clio (46).jpgClio (47).jpgClio (49).jpg

Any thoughts guys? :)

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
id lose the after market lights on the bumper and the rear lights will come out looking like there dirty all the time but not bad mate, doesnt that big sticker on your wind screen get in the way? good luck could be interesting

mk2 1.2 clio
Where did you get your number plate bulb from?

Hello mate, i bought the bulb off ebay for a fiver. :)

id lose the after market lights on the bumper and the rear lights will come out looking like there dirty all the time but not bad mate, doesnt that big sticker on your wind screen get in the way? good luck could be interesting

Thanks mate, just fitted some standard fogs, so the after market lights will be comming off in the next week or so. also changed the rear lights, cleaned them up, and just darkened the clear bits, but they will also be cleaned up again sometime this week, both the amber and reversing lights will be replaced with chrome coated bulbs (to give the clear bit a darker colour, then i wont need the tint spray.
Nope, the sticker is far enough over to not be a problem. :)

Also followed one of the tutorials on here and fitted a second boot light, but this hasnt yet been properly finished, (another project for this week.)

Pic of the new fogs. :)

Clio50.jpg

Also, going to colour code the bumpers over the next few months, need to source the right colour paint though, last time i did some repair work and respraying, the colour was off (despite it being the correct colour code) I bought a can of Holts MV632, so be weary..... will be going to halfords, or possibly even renault for this one.

All constructive critisism welcome.