ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 valver f7r megane engine swap ?

1992 clio 1.8 16v
Hi all new here g8 site

What brings me here is iv got a mk1 valver and looking at fitting the megane 2.0 16v f7r engine. Im looking for the fastest swap so dont want to be pulling the heads of and swaping them if I dont have to. Iv searched quite abit on hear tonight but carnt seam to find any hard advice on the swap.

Quickest is to swap the flywheel and heads over and use the clio management.

Alternative is to use the full megane engine with standalone engine management which will cost around £800 + mapping.

The megane engine uses a larger flywheel and a coilpack instead of a dizzy drive.

1992 clio 1.8 16v
Cheers lads

Im putting on a new cam belt kit so might as well swap the heads if it makes it easyer

williams and trophy
can always whack the meg valves in the valver head while your at it. and give it a little port/polish. best of both worlds, keep the dizzy and loom off the valver for simple swap

1992 clio 1.8 16v
Cheers all my plan has come together :cool:

I have now got my complete megane f7r engine and im going to fit the lot including the loom, if any body has any pointers on the loom that would be a big help :S

2005 Nissan Navara
It takes quite a bit of work to get decent results out of it, definately more than work than is achievable on the average diy level...which is kinda what your post was implying.

1992 clio 1.8 16v
It takes quite a bit of work to get decent results out of it, definately more than work than is achievable on the average diy level...which is kinda what your post was implying.

Sorry it wasnt ment to come across as a diy, Its my daily driver and I need it to get to work so need to keep it of road as little as pos

1992 clio 1.8 16v

Sorry stan I know im new here but im searching the net for people who have been there done that and know what not to do and what works, iv been a mechanic for over 15 years so a little better than some one who goes by a haynes manual :rolleyes:

LY 182
Sorry stan I know im new here but im searching the net for people who have been there done that and know what not to do and what works, iv been a mechanic for over 15 years so a little better than some one who goes by a haynes manual :rolleyes:
check his website out he builds performance engines for a living.

ITB'd MK1
Pretty sure Stan's reply was aimed at 2 Live suggesting you just stick the bigger valves in and it works. That would be pointless without having the seats machined to suit

Audi TT 225 Quattro

LOL, mate you had me in tears:D

2005 Nissan Navara
:p
yeah sorry mate, that was for 2live.
Cliof7r-- have you got the ecu/loom etc for the megane f7r or just the engine?

HBT 172 Cup
Talk to harvythehippo on clio16valver, he's done exactly this. He will be your best bet for wiring loom questions.

1992 clio 1.8 16v
:p
yeah sorry mate, that was for 2live.
Cliof7r-- have you got the ecu/loom etc for the megane f7r or just the engine?

Yes I have the complete engine, loom, ecu, key, mounts, flywheel, exhaust and all engine ancillaries