ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Cool, thats that confirmed then! As long as it keeps good pressure im not bothered!

Got any further with the Ph1 bits / ECU Clinic Andy?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Mehhhhh!

Im running standard valver sender and gauge, from the T piece on the front of the block. Now weather the T-piece is creating more pressure to the sender due to it being forced through the bit of pipework first is one possibility?

Either way its not running at 1 bar so be-reet, its not f**ked up yet LOL.

I use the finest 10w40 you can buy, just under £7 for 5L.....;) I really dont see the point in spending loads on oil, I know some swear by it, but ive used this and its not burnt hardly anything....and most of the time its flat out lol.

Coz its not using oil its your engine isnt being damaged? :p

Cool, thats that confirmed then! As long as it keeps good pressure im not bothered!

Got any further with the Ph1 bits / ECU Clinic Andy?

I've not heard back from someone I was hoping to buy all the PH1 bits from...

ECU clinic are happy to refund me (it's a 3rd party who do the programming, so ECU clinic are stuck in the middle), but as it happens they also sent me 2 ph2 ECUs to try, I had a quick go with no joy one evening this week, but I'll give them a proper try over the weekend.

In the meantime I've got a PH1 Emulator, fastchip can't sell me an RSTuner, I'm still hoping I'll hear about the PH1 stuff, and the 172 donor is off to the crusher as soon as I fit an alternator to my tow car :rolleyes:

If you really have that pressure be careful that you don't blow the side out of your oil filter when the oil's cold.

I've not heard back from someone I was hoping to buy all the PH1 bits from...

ECU clinic are happy to refund me (it's a 3rd party who do the programming, so ECU clinic are stuck in the middle), but as it happens they also sent me 2 ph2 ECUs to try, I had a quick go with no joy one evening this week, but I'll give them a proper try over the weekend.

In the meantime I've got a PH1 Emulator, fastchip can't sell me an RSTuner, I'm still hoping I'll hear about the PH1 stuff, and the 172 donor is off to the crusher as soon as I fit an alternator to my tow car :rolleyes:

If you really have that pressure be careful that you don't blow the side out of your oil filter when the oil's cold.

Suppose you'l just have to keep an eye out for a 2nd hand RSTuner then :dapprove:

ECU Clinic kept faffing when I asked for a refund, I ended up forgetting about it so lost out on ~£150! FFS.

Oil pressure is right up there maxxing out the gauge when its cold, only when it gets to 90deg it will drop to 3-3.5bar idle. Ive not driven it for more than 40mins with them on yet, so obviously as it gets warmer it will thin out and be a lower idle pressure, but Il just have to see.

Surely it cant be 'that' bad, as the 172's dont come with Oil Pressure/Temp gauges standard...and what would happen if some average joe ran his on 10w40, he wouldnt know any different?

Quickly put together a new version of the previous video (6 months ago) to cover the past year, tons and tons missed out but the idea was to give an idea of whats been done/where its been. (Done on request of a few people asking, who didnt want to read the whole thread.)

[youtube]7kdS_pdwAwA[/youtube]

'92 172, Lotus Elise

i never 'got round' to chasing ecu clinic

wasn't really sure how i'd tackle it tbh :eek:

Im at 810kg-815kg with NOTHING left to remove, lol.

Admittedly the cage is circa 35-40kg, but still thats only, 770kg, which would be dangerous without a cage (specially removing door bars etc)...

Beaniemoo with the fiberglass doors/bootlid/bonnet is only 790-795kg, with an OMP cage...

You'd have to cut the roof off, and the back end, and remove the engine to get close to 700kg lol.

Ive seen some of your (Hillclimb?) videos I think, Rainbow Warrior? dosent half hang about! :approve:

Just paid for Oulton Park on the 13th November, its a Friday too, joy!

Oulton on the 13th, then on the 17th for the RenaultSport day, and thats it for the year :)

Few clips put together from the Mallory Park DVD that RTOC did on the day...

[youtube]6NuuiNIadZc[/youtube]

Car aint that loud really :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Lol at the big old Blue volvo :)

Good to see/hear your car from the outside, Usually only have videos from inside.

Who owns the red 106. See him in a lot of videos

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i

Quality vid, surprised/impressed how fast it goes round that hairpin.

R.I.P Nick's 106

Nah it was way after that, not too long ago. Unsure what happened!

Mallory was wayyy back in August :)

Just a bit of an update, I sold the Schrick cams to a well known member this afternoon, partially to help him out a bit as hes having trouble sourcing cams, and they were just sat around here!

Because of this, I was able to take EasyTrack up on their offer of 5 trackdays for £500, which allows you to do any 5 of their trackdays in 2010. Considering some of the circuits are £250+ in summer for the day, the offer will mean that il only be paying £100 per trackday, its pretty much a bargin :)

Might be tempted towards some cams over the winter to go with an ECU, but will have to see.....alot more fun in 5 trackdays than 15bhp ;)

340i

Just a bit of an update, I sold the Schrick cams to a well known member this afternoon, partially to help him out a bit as hes having trouble sourcing cams, and they were just sat around here!

Chris? 480bhp.com