ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Ian

Focus TDCi
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

It sounds a bit like a proportioning valve, but I didn't know roadcars even had them. If that's what it is it'll be somewhere on the rear brake line and I assume he means it will be completely blocking the brake fluid from getting past, rather than restricting it. There's a good chance Daz is talking about something completely different though.

'92 172, Lotus Elise

the mk1s do have them.. it's linked to the rear beam so can adjust the braking force based on the height of the beam (ie if the back is high it assumes youre braking heavily and reduces braking effort at the back...

dont see how it could've failed though :(

my valver failed MOT the other day because of no brake pressure at the back.... could be same problem.

cars looking mean as f**k, wheels look sweet too.

apparently you were talking to my mate the other day at some meet? (black fez zetec s on black pro race wheels, cage & buckets)

yeah he was there yesterday, i went to a ZSOC meet with a mate...

im gona try bleeding again later

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

^^^ dude I just spent a whole hour readong f0xy.net - b*****d!

Didn't realise how much s**t its gone through!

How much was the new 172 coolant tank by the way? did the willy cap screw straight on? are they the same pressures?

yeah, iirc f0xy.net is only upto day 160 odd, im nearly past day 200 now lol, gotta update it when i can be arsed...

172 coolant tank is 30 quid, wont run on a williams though, different pipe setup

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Aye but this is for my 172 - but I fancy using the willy tank cap so I can fit my hill power covers, power steerings the same fitment but the 172s cap is different - if they both have the same pressure rating then I'll use the willy cap

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

Not read everyones posts so this might've been covered already but when we tried bleeding up the brakes on our valver it'd gone completely bone dry and it just wasn't getting through by pumping the pedal in the end we went down halfords and got a gunson easy bleed and that did the trick nicely forcing the fluid through until it was all perfect.

They're only about 15quid too

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

The cutting out problem, sure thats not just a duff battery? Swap them over between cars and see.

with the other battery on, it started and ran fine, but was only showing 12v at the battery when running, so alternator is broke by the looks of things...

just been to pick one up from winston, will try tommorow

bit of win, rev counter now works perfect...

th_MOV00399.jpg

new alternator also fitted, runs nice.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

your cup car already has the mod ;)

i beg your pardon :eek:

whats that then?

tbh i keep finding 'mods' on it

looks like the steering column has been repositioned for the best seating position, its got metal guards bolted underneath to protect fuel lines (these guards have clearly seen alot of kerb action on track!!) so god knows what else im gonna find

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

that it?! its the wire that comes off the speedo cable isnt it? cant remember what you said now lol

so whats this mod then, or is it hush hush?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Dude I love where you've wired the started button up to - thats something I would do lol - so of course I like it :)

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I now only have one switch inside, hazards.

Rear fogs are turned on in via the rear wiper position on the stalk, as i no longer have a rear wiper. Rear wiper on = means rear fogs are on, rear wiper off...fogs off :)

Few other touches to the wiring, but more on that in the next few days....

yeah, position 2, and 'start' position are now redundant...

basically, key in, position 1, press the button...

had to move the wires round on the key barrel, but basically position 2 is now position 1 :)

Morris miner

Nice one jordan, car's mint shame you didnt but the turbines onto it they look so much better !! .. also why do all your cars sound like tractors!!!

another 6 hours on the wiring today....slowly getting there, all the front lights now working...

Inside a bit tidier too...

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

340i

Looking good man... The wiring is quite tedious, but therapeutic?! I spent 30hrs chopping, taping and cutting out all the unnecessary crap !