ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring under load between 1-2k rpm

BG 182
Hi all,

I'd firstly like to appologise for another misfire thread, i have read previous threads to no-avail.

Im getting a misfire between 1000 and 2000 it happenes at medium to high load and it results in a intermittent juddering type situation. its more like consistent 'missing' if i put the pedal right down. if i exceed 2000rpm or lessen the throttle the problem dissapears, and its still performing as usual at high rpms.

Its regardless of temperature also, its a bit worse driving from a cold start but i cant ever remember the engine being 100% smooth during warm up anyway, even before this misfiring lark.

Hopefully someone can help :)

Cheers

Last edited:
  Clio 182 FF Orange
Hi

i had this problem less than week ago

if the car was left ticking over or revved whilst stationary it was fine the minute I put load on the engine ie pulled off it missed and popped etc up to about 1800-2000 rpm

I sorted mine out ok. It was the spark plugs !!! What sort have you got in it ?

i visited renault Wolverhampton and picked up the genuine NGK plugs for it and once fitted it
has transformed the car. They were £36.00 for the set

they are a must in a renaultsport car as it was designed to use them and only them I'm afraid

hope this helps

BG 182
Cheers for your reply, I put in new ngk r pfr6e plugs about six months ago. I've bought a new set of leads today as there is no sign of them ever being done,so I will inspect plugs at the same time. Ill report back if leads dont cure/ plugs fouled.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
First try unplugging the sensors on the inlet manifold 1 by one and running the car. This will make the car run on a preset signal in the ecu and should the sensor be faulty, run well.

If it's not this I would then try the injectors. Unplugging 1 by 1 and then should each make a large difference to the running on the car on idle. If one is slightly less it's likely to be on it's way out but they tend to go in pairs.

These engines are not good in this range when cold. Is your MPG poor? could be a lambda sensor

Otherwise I would look at coilpack if you have one to try.

BG 182
Resolved. The underside of the plenum had a black trace right where the ht leads come close to it, I assume they have been breaking down for a while, replaced the leads and checked the plugs. Cheers for your pointers guys :D

Clio turbo 2008 1.2
Hi all,

I'd firstly like to appologise for another misfire thread, i have read previous threads to no-avail.

Im getting a misfire between 1000 and 2000 it happenes at medium to high load and it results in a intermittent juddering type situation. its more like consistent 'missing' if i put the pedal right down. if i exceed 2000rpm or lessen the throttle the problem dissapears, and its still performing as usual at high rpms.

Its regardless of temperature also, its a bit worse driving from a cold start but i cant ever remember the engine being 100% smooth during warm up anyway, even before this misfiring lark.

Hopefully someone can help :smile:

Cheers

Exact same problem with me ok sitting still and reving no problem but soon as under load judder judder but on a flat road gradual build up is fine. Replaced the leads and coil pack today same result awaiting new plugs coming in the post and hopefully it solves.

My cars the Clio Turbo 1.2 TCE