ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

misfire?

182 Trophy. 413/500
So, I was happily heading off to see some lass when the trophy (182) lost a bit of power, felt very lumpy and sounded like a scooby. It was like someone deployed a parachute behind me. misfire? it never threw up any lights on the dash, but it did have one when first got it. turned out to be o2 sensor. cleared it and it never came back. so id imagine not related?

182 Trophy. 413/500
read injectors usually throw out lots of black smoke out the exhaust too? mine wasnt.... or is this just not true?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've never had an issue with injectors tbh. Does it miss all the time now or when warn

182 Trophy. 413/500
it seemed fine until it got up to temp. i remember looking down thinking it was almost at temp, pulled out the junction and it started. it was on and off too. so would clear, then be ok a short while and then feel like the parachute had been deployed again. lol

182 Trophy. 413/500
its being light hearted about a situation every one hates...... their car going tits. calm down dear

PH2 172
its being light hearted about a situation every one hates...... their car going tits. calm down dear

As was my comment.

As nobody has stepped up to the plate.

Can you clarify if you replaced the O2 sensor & cleared the fault code,or just cleared the fault code?
I can only suggest getting the fault codes read again and hope it points you in the right direction.
As an observation,this week has been very wet & rainy,which goes down with Clio`s like cats & baths.
I hope you get it sorted.

Sounds like a failing injector. You wont get a fault code coke up unless its a prolonged misfire. Had a similar issue with mine and took 2 weeks to narrow it down to injector 4 failing. Had to keep driving and then wait for fault code, scan it then swap it with another injector, drive it and wait for a code. Rescan to see if id moved the fault code to the swapped cylinder. It started happening once the engine had warmed up a bit then it would kick in when under a bit of load.

182 Trophy. 413/500
I just cleared the o2 sensor code. Its not come back since.

Doesn't seem to be any black smoke coming from the car which one of the mechs at work (and a bit of reading) said would be a symptom of failed injector?!

Ordered a new coil pack and four new spark plugs to see if this cures it. Hopefully get them this afternoon or tomorrow and get them on the car and see. fingers crossed.

The cars on 98k and no receipt for a new coil pack in any of the vast amount of history and receipts that came with the car so I'd imagine its near the end of its life. Will just have to fit it and hope it fixes it.

Cheers for the replies and suggestions so far. I'll keep you posted.

182 Trophy. 413/500
Took the trophy out yesterday and she didn't miss a beat. No misfiring once. I did originally wonder and, and Steve.M may of correctly suggested, that it was all the torrential rain over Sunday and Monday that caused the problem and its now dried out and running sweet. Thanks for all the replies, if it comes back I'll update.

182 Trophy. 413/500
Just a quick update on this to close the thread and help anyone else that searches for misfire threads.

The trophy started running with a constant misfire recently and threw up a orange flashing engine light. I was kind of pleased as it meant I could get my mates scanner on it. Two codes came up. One for o2 sensor (lamda) and one for cylinder three misfire. Replaced the pre cat lamda sensor with a genuine Bosch unit (part number 0258006046) off of eBay for £45, fitted it and problem so far solved. Car even feels a bit smoother and power seems smoother. Maybe in my head though after having it run with a misfire for a few days and so underpowered haha