ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire, chugging after a service

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Hello,

I got my car serviced a week ago and driving home from the garage it was fine. I got home left the car for a few hours then got back it and it didn't feel right driving. It felt it was chugging and misfiring. Took a while before it was speeding up when putting my foot down. I thought it might be the coil pack lookin on here but I changed that about 6 month ago. Then, this morning when i went to statt the car i got absolutely nothing everythin lit up and clicked but would start tried about 6 times before leaving it 5 minutes then it worked. Reading a little bit on here I noticed they may be linked. Can anyone shed a little light on this or even better solve it? Would appreciate anything suggestions.

Thanks

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Local garage normally really good. Highly recommended from a few lads I know.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Aye it's was fine but there was once before the service where it didn't start it just screamed at me then started second try. I thought it might of been a solenoid playing up.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Did they do the belts then?

Or by full do you just mean a major service? If so, dodgy plugs?

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
It's a d4f engine mate. No not belts. No evidence of the belts being done. Cars on 59000 at the min and tbh I can't afford to get the belts done for a while yet so hopefully not that ha is there an easy way to fin out if it's the cat? In all honesty I'm sh*te with cars.

BG 182 (full fat)
I say it's the cat because my 182 was running s**t and sluggish for a week or so, and then suddenly cut out on me completely, and a few lights appeared on the dash. Had to leave it and start it up next day and thankfully got it to the garage, and they new straight away it was the cat, it was clogged up to f**k, so they mashed it all through and got all the s**t out and now I have a straight through cat :) and it runs so much better and so much more responsive. It might well not be that though but worth taking it somewhere to get it checked.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
That's my thought as well. It had ngk ones in before service so they Would of been changed. I'll have to pop to Halfords tomorrow and try and get an extension to get the plugs out.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i recon it's a dodgy loom and it's just been disturbed when worked on. The looms on the 1.2 16v are crap

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The D4F isn't fussy on its plugs unlike the F4R's. It could be many things... plug gaps, wiring, coil-pack, poor earth... Just take it back, be polite and explain the situation then ask them to look at it for you.

Just because it had a coil-pack fitted 6 months ago do not rule it out especially if it was of the cheap "generic" variety from an auto-factors. This time of year plays havock with ignition systems especially the cheaper ones that aren't sealed correctly.

Mick

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
I'll change the plugs see what happens then take it back. Thanks for everyone's reply.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Just an update: went to the garage that carried out the service and he's going to hook it up to the laptop tomorrow for free. Will post results tomorrow if anyone's interested. May be useful for others.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Aye I suppose it's the least he can do like. He seems to think its the coil pack but we'll see tomorrow

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Update. The cars been on the diagnostic and has come back with codes p1011 - vehicle speed information no signal, p1012 knock sensor o/c, p1028 brake pedal switch signal not coherent and p1046 downstream sensor signal input. Status all saying not present. He's wiped the faults and I'll use the car as normal and go back next week to see if any more codes reappear

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ignore these:
p1011 - vehicle speed information no signal,
p1028 brake pedal switch signal not coherent

These may be the source of your issue
p1046 downstream sensor signal input
p1012 knock sensor o/c,

most likely the loom has been disturbed as I said earlier though