ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire at idle ONLY! Fred, Danny, Mick!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's worth a try though - if it says there is an injector issue for example and tells him which one, it will save spending money on coil packs/leads/spark plugs etc. that isn't needed. That's what I'd be doing anyway!

Its a bit hit and miss with codes but like you say some things like injectors it's quite good for. We had an injector fail on the way to the ring last time I went and the rs tuner that was in my toolkit I had with me diagnosed it spot on straight away including which cylinder.
Just obviously be careful what you believe as some things will be symptoms not causes or just plain nonsense.

Yea I just plugged my Bluetooth code reader in and it throws up O2 Sensor fault PO130.... But I had my pre-cat lambda replaced about 4 weeks ago so unless the wires are knackered this must be a symptom of something else surely?

I will chip in to say my car is behaving exactly the same as others in this thread. It started 2 weeks ago. Rough idle, car shaking, popping through the exhaust and the same pulsing sound near the drivers headlight as posted in the video a page or 2 back. Also the emissions light coming on when i bought it on the drive home early December. The o2 sensor was replaced. Emissions light stayed off after that. (Well it didn't but i'll get to that.)

Combined with this i noticed quite poor mpg. Then 3 days after these symptoms the car broke down. Basically on the way to work on xmas eve the car lost all power and wanted to stall. Misfiring like mad and the emissions light came on and was constantly flashing. I managed to get in a car park and it stalled. And would not restart. AA took it back to where i bought it (a mazda dealer) and i only got it back today.

This is what they said
Check for running fault, engine light on (It was the emissions light), missfire on no2 cyl recorded. Replaced HT leads fault still there. Removed spark plugs and carry out compression check. No 2 cyl intermittant. Remove Cylinder head and dismantle for inspection. No2 inlet valve spring broken. Remove all valves and springs. Re-grind all valves and reassemble cylinder head. Refit and test. All ok

All is well now except the same symptons as the video posted earlier. So these symptoms must be the timing now. As the work done above didn't fix any of rough idle ect problems. I thought all the the problems my car had were related. The rough idle, emissions light and the breaking down. But it appears not.

My belts were changed in dec 2010 @ 76k miles by Renault. They also changed the waterpump then but not the dephasor. Well i guess they didn't as it's not on the reciept. Car is now on 92k miles. So it looks like they didn't do a great job (not suprising after reading this site so much lately) and now they need doing again :(

Quick update. Had a call today from the dealer where i bought the car (they have had it back a week). They said they took it to someone who works at peugeot who has a 1*2 (so they say) and he said the exhaust cam was out a degree so fixed it. They said it now runs great! Although it ran great anyway and the problem was just at idle. Anyway i went and picked it up after work and it's exactly the same. Lumpy idle/shaking, popping through the exhaust and the pulsating noise from the engine.

The whole thing is stressing me out. Is there anyone localish to me (Yeovil) that can have a look tomorrow or Sunday? I really need an opinion from someone in the know before i decide what to do with it.

Cheers

What dealer did you but it from then

A local Mazda franchise dealer. They said i could get my money back but i really want the car. If the problem is the timing out then yes i will get my money back but i want to know for sure. I already made a thread a few weeks ago regarding the problems and asked for some opinions but no one replied.

If i can't get any joy again this time i may aswell return it tbh. But i would really hate to think it wasn't major and i lost a good car simply because i was unsure as to what is wrong with it.

Another update. My 182 is going back to the dealer tomorrow where i will receive a full refund. My renaultsport ownership was short and not very sweet.