ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mis-firing slightly

Black 172
Sometimes my car mis-fires? is it just a normal thing for it to do ocassionally when idleing ?. Its had NGK spark plugs fited today, oil change and oil filter. I need to change the pollen filter yet and maybe the fuel filter? although i have read up about this on previous threads and its been said the fuel filter doesnt need changing until 150k ? lol or was it a mistake and it should read 50k (Mines only done 46k).

Everyone says different things about them, i know they dont idle smoothly even my 1.2 was never completely smooth.

Ive never been in another standard 172 so not completely sure how others run compared to mine.

Does it misfire when flooring it also? Mine has started stuttering when giving it beans (almost stutters and then lets go and carries on accelerating) Im probably going to change my leads\plugs to see if this fixes it.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
a mis firing sound and uneven idle is normal its an emission control thing, missfire under load is not normal

Black 172
Nah it doesnt mis-firs under load its very smooth when i am driving. Its just a little bit at idle.

I am soo glad i changed the plugs though to those NGK ones i can really tell the difference, its alot smoother than it used to be. I wouldnt use any others now !