ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini's aren't gay!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
rich_sams-ta2010_rnd2-33.jpg

:)

270bhp of supercharged goodness!!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Thats stunning... i keep looking at my Vee and thinking "could i have another mini after this?"

Not a 320d
I like minis, i like them more when they look like the pic above, but i just wouldnt buy one because of the gay arse interior. Its horrible. My mate has one and ive driven it, the gearbox is shoite

Charged Superleggera
Does 280bhp = Forged or just bigger charger.

i think mini's have a eaton roots type charger which isnt really desighned for big boost. Think 12psi is as much as your gonna get out of them as far as i am aware. however i think 280bhp is achievable without any internal engine work.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I like minis, i like them more when they look like the pic above, but i just wouldnt buy one because of the gay arse interior. Its horrible. My mate has one and ive driven it, the gearbox is shoite

On a Supercharged S?

It doesn't have the same gearbox as One's/Coopers and i love the gearbox.

It's really stiff and you have to punch the gears into place.

Mans gearbox tbh...........

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I think you can 280bhp without forging it, might be for the best though!

The interior is nice on mini's imo.. so much better than any other cars in the same price bracket... can't see why you wouldnt like the gearbox either! Quite clunky but has a nice solid feel to it

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
On a Supercharged S?

It doesn't have the same gearbox as One's/Coopers and i love the gearbox.

It's really stiff and you have to punch the gears into place.

Mans gearbox tbh...........

I agree. The gearbox is lovely. Clicks into gear, no movement and heavy. Perfect.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP

The Cooper S comes with a Getrag gearbox?

Its solid, clunky, and takes a s**t load of power. :S

Yes cooper s is Getrag, which is an awesome box. You can hear everything working when you change gear, proper clunky decent gearbox.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Gearbox on the mini is rubbish after the Honda S2000 I've got - feels like a very long shift and a bit 'elasticy' for want of a better description. I had a cooper s before the S - only got rid of it a few months back.

I'd say a CS needs more then a smaller pulley to out do a Civic Type R in a straight line if both are being driven to their full potential - perhaps a pulley and bigger topmount intercooler would get it on a par with one. The mini's are quite heavy for the size of them.

On a rutted country road a Clio would probably own a mini on runflats - they bounce off everything.

280bhp is getting towards the limit of the standard supercharger and you would need internal works for that - most people wanting higher power and either going for a bigger charger or going the turbo route.

hmmm not to keen on the supercharger whine tbh... Don't they have Turbo's some of them? Think it was afetr a certain year... someone educate me as I think I want one!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They're both S. Pre-06 cars have a low-pressure variant of an old Chrysler engine. Post-06 have the PSA turbo lump.

Pre-06 CS Works would be my choice. I hate the look of the facelifted turbo models.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
The R56 (turbo) can look pretty sweet in the right colour/spec.

I like the whine and constant boost of the charger too much though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The later cars have the better engine. Everything else (everything) is nicer on the SC car's. Steering and looks being the biggest things.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Mini's are gay.

They break more than renaults and cost £££££££££ to buy bits for. s**t imo, once they have done a few K, they start to fall apart.

Seen it on several occasions.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
as said i can only hear a powersteering pump! my mate leigh-anne's does exactly the same noise and its a "one", they will never be a cool as the original or live up to the name

I really don't think they care that it will never be as 'cool' as the original. They run the mild/hot hatch market. Mr BMW is clapping his hands all the way to the bank.

182 Trophy
as said i can only hear a powersteering pump! my mate leigh-anne's does exactly the same noise and its a "one", they will never be a cool as the original or live up to the name

you seriously think that the whine from the charger is the same noise as the power steering pump?

And they are much cooler than the old ones imo, i hate the old ones and the attitude of 'MOST' of the older minis owners, at 1 point people who were into the older ones were going round slashing tyres of the newer cooper's etc because they hated them. I had a cooper for a while with intensions of getting an s, i went to mini in the park at santa pod and everytime an old mini beet a new s down the strip a load of middle aged men would jump up cheering.
One of the guys on my stand had a works s which he had spent 10k or more on, 911 breaks, 300bhp, coilies etc, a guy walked over and tapped the arch liner (bonnet was up) and said out loud 'plastic s**t'
Sorry for the rant but i hate the old mr bean mobiles, rusty sheds imo ;)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I think the buzz from the PAS pump gives them character.

A bit like the dashboard in your Clio Adam, looking at that all day must be painfully hard.... but you like it, so thats all that matters *big hug*

Turbos.
Agree with Mas, when you hear the noise you always know it's a Mini parking...lol. It's not actually annoying in the slightest, especially as from inside you barely hear it.