ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini GT4 awesome project inside

Clio Cup
Ive Watched them all and its a really interesting and clever project - Doesnt look once like a corner has been cut - serious metal work going on , Cant wait until they start buildint the running gear into it

excellent vids and top blokes :cool:

looks like a complicated build to say the least, but the end result is going to be something very special

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
One of the best projects on the go in the world at the moment I reckon in terms of just being an awesome watch with a good bit of humour and some really seriously awesome bits of engineering and best of all a very good project (gt4 mini) in the first place.

Clio Cup
Oh Yeah i remember that part.

be great seeing it build to a strength to support the running gear without assitance from a cage

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Oh Yeah i remember that part.

be great seeing it build to a strength to support the running gear without assitance from a cage

They certainly seem to have done a really job so far of adding plenty of strength, but I suspect without something substantial going over the top as well its going to always be a compromise, no matter how much extra strenth they put in lower down its still going to want to fold in the middle without something across the top too.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah bit like a box with the top cut off

and the mini doesnt have the most substantial of roof posts

Yeah exactly.
On the convertible minis they did put some extra metal into the A pillar, but its size really restricts you, I think a cage would be a good idea, but I can see why if its a road car they dont want it.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
There's only 1 thing I hate about this, after watching the 1st 5 episodes 1 after the other, the wait for the 6th annoyed the hell out of me & the wait for the next installment is killing me lol!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There's only 1 thing I hate about this, after watching the 1st 5 episodes 1 after the other, the wait for the 6th annoyed the hell out of me & the wait for the next installment is killing me lol!

Yeah, I kind of wished I didnt find out about it till like 2017 or whenever it is they finish, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
shame there isnt a TV program done in a similar way really, all the car resto or modifying stuff tends to try too hard to be exciting and end up losing all the really good details that I find interesting as part of that, but I suppose its a bit of a niche market to appeal to the real petrol heads.

Clio Cup
shame there isnt a TV program done in a similar way really, all the car resto or modifying stuff tends to try too hard to be exciting and end up losing all the really good details that I find interesting as part of that, but I suppose its a bit of a niche market to appeal to the real petrol heads.

Isnt helping the price of Cars right now either , everyone thinks their rusty heaps worth millions................

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
YAAAAYYYY!!! :clap:

Now my life is utterly fcuked again as I'm desperate to see the next episode :cry: :banghead: