ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miltek exhaust ?

2005 Clio 182
may sound daft and pointless but u cant blame me for asking lol.
i previously saw a post on here of someone claiming to of had bhp gains from a scorpion system named (192) i think it was around 7 with a decat
does anyone know of any gains from a miltek exhaust and decat few months old doesnt seem to be bad quality as others describe them.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
the welds will crack bud. i didnt believe the hype until i witnessed it first hand. i have seen a few milteks crack on the welds and start blowing. id stay clear tbh

2005 Clio 182
ive already done a few thousand miles on it lol and some track time and i was first owner so its warrantied atleast :dapprove:

anyone know what its like next to a rs192 performance figure wise?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
there will be zero diffference in hp between the 2.

you will have one of the good ones if your miltek doesnt crack, but there is time yet

BMW F21 125d
RS192's crack too.... :(
This after 2 years & 11,000 miles, Scorpion are replacing it tho under lifetime warranty.

100_1087.gif

Attachments

• 100_1087.jpg
    100_1087.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 19
there are loads of rolling roads out there with "questionable" results - just check the reliable ones on here and you'll see the clio is extremely hard to get ANY gains from without a serious wedge!

and also as it has been posted on that topic you linked us to:

Sir_Dave said:
Unless its done on the same day, back to back, without any changes in rr calibration/humidity/temp whatsoever, your graphs prove absolutely nothing im afraid. Im not being a ballbag, thats just fact.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Everyone says they crack, but it's largely forum b*llocks.

It's not a Milltek problem. Mine's been on the car for 50,000 miles and five years.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Everyone says they crack, but it's largely forum b*llocks.

It's not a Milltek problem. Mine's been on the car for 50,000 miles and five years.

they are not all bad, but alot are. back when i had my GTTDI highline and i was into my VAG stuff there were reports of millteks cracking

BG 182
Millteks are actually quite expensive considering there is fair amounts of speculation over the welds cracking. Personally, does it really matter over how much hp it gives you? Theres not point expecting a lot of hp just from an exhaust as its not going to happen. All it will do is help the car breathe a little easier.

Clio RS 182
cracking is usualy due to the rear/centre exhaust mount rubbers sagging and putting extra strain on specific parts of the exhaust.

Black Gold Trophy
I reckon a lot of the cracks occur where people try and force the exhaust into a position to get the tailpipes sitting perfectly in the bumper.