ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miltek exhaust with decat too loud ?

Clio Sport 182
hey all ive got a 182 clio sport and im finding it way to loud ive checked under the car and its fitted with cat back Miltek MSRN107 and Miltek Decat MSRN105 i went to a exhaust place as i thought it was blowing at first but they couldnt find any leeks :dapprove:

i was just wondering if anyone had run this setup before was it loud and raspy sounding ?

cheers mark

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye it's usually pretty loud and the decat makes it raspy

Search 182 miltek and decat and see it sounds like the videos

Clio Sport 182
Ye it's usually pretty loud and the decat makes it raspy

Search 182 miltek and decat and see it sounds like the videos

yeah ive had a look at a few im going to let my mate drive it so i can hear it from outside i think its hard to tell from inside how it sounds :D

ph1 172
I run a silenced decat and Milltek system and at Snetterton a couple of weeks ago it blew 88db @ 5200rpm

Not loud at all, infact it's very quiet.

Clio Sport 182
wish mine was its got a middlebox and a decat sounds nice ticking over but sounds raspy as your going up the revs my mate thinks its because ive come from a tuned 1.8t golf that was very quiet i swear it sounds like its blowing from inside the car though but when i get under it i cant find anything wrong maybe i just need to get used to it lol

ph1 172
I know the noise that you are on about as mine made it with just a standard decat in but now only does it when cold with a silenced pipe. It is irritating yes!

Clio Sport 182
haha yeah u know the noise then the decats a miltek one ive had the eml come on a couple of times first thing in the morning does yours ever come on with the decat fitted ?

SQ5
As Rhys says, I ran a Miltek and silenced decat on a Ph1 and you wouldnt think it was decatted at all, sounded really nice too

Clio Sport 182
i might look into a silenced decat as the miltek is basicly a straight pipe like this it does sound nice tbh but its a bit raspy and noisy for late night driving imo

MSRN105.jpg

Fiesta ST200
Milltek with decat is quiet.

I run it and its quiet. Makes it a little more raspy but remember its a 3 silencer system so it is quiet compared to say a yozza (1 silencer)

Clio Sport 182
im not into mine at al tbh sounds way too boy racer for my likeing i dread to think what it would be like with 1 silencer the idle sound is sweet and the low revs i just hate the farty raspy sound it makes up the revs got i feel old i must admit after a week ive sorta learned to drive it quietly though im gonna double check everything again today to put my mind at rest its like it should be though :)

Clio Sport 182
well ive sussed out why its so loud evan though everyone says it should be quiet the middlebox has nothing inside it its been cut open and gutted out i took it to an exhaust place i use today so i might have a middlebox fitted soon explains why its so loud at least now