ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek still a decent exhaust to buy?

I'm sure there's been many many times people have asked about exhausts in this section, BUT after some quick information about the best exhaust to get for a 182............ mine will be getting replaced next month and i'm 99.9% set on getting a cat back Milltek (the quieter version) but before I spend the ££, are these still as good as they used to be?

I've heard and read the Yozza is good too but I don't want it really REALLY loud etc!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
They are great exhausts. But a PMS (puremotorsport) exhaust is far better for about the same money.Nice and quiet when driving around town but you get a lovely noise when planting your foot. There is videos on their site.
Ive had scorpion rs192, miltek (quieter one) yozza and pms . If you cant get a PMS then the Miltek is the one to get.
Yozza is great but hard to obtain and like you say it is loud !

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I looked into the miltek. Could get an unsilenced cat back for £380 ish I think through euro car parts.

I'd like to try a piper but they seem rare second hand

Reactions: Gus

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
They are great exhausts. But a PMS (puremotorsport) exhaust is far better for about the same money.Nice and quiet when driving around town but you get a lovely noise when planting your foot. There is videos on their site.
Ive had scorpion rs192, miltek (quieter one) yozza and pms . If you cant get a PMS then the Miltek is the one to get.

Pms close to £500?

Reactions: Gus

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Had a pms on a phase 1, best exhaust I had. But £500 on an exhaust is for me too much. But then it's not my thread lol

Cheers for the info guys :up: that's all very interesting, I've personally not heard of the PMS one so will have a look into that too......... yeah it's a lot of money but I want a decent one as the car is worth spending the money on so I was expecting around the £400 mark to be honest for makes such as Milltek

Because race car yo? 😂

Just kidding, only mentioning the sports cat as the issue I have with the current exhaust system is that the previous owner did a pikey decat and bashed the internals out of the standard cat...... so it's going to fail the emissions on the mot i'm guessing 🙈 To be fair he was very honest about it and made me fully aware when buying the car and even gave me a replacement standard cat with the car. So i'll probably just have that put on then!