ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek baffle gone, garage shut down!

Just picked the car up after getting it serviced to be told it sounds like a baffle has gone on the milltek.

Have been trying call the garage where it was fitted but no reply...

Went on their website to discover it shutdown in April 2010 :(

http://www.drivers-glasgow.co.uk/

Not sure what I should do now?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why would you want to contact the garage?

Wouldn't Milltek be a better idea?

ITB BG 182
Call 01332 227 280 and ask to talk to Phil, hes the man that owns Milltek. Hes easy to talk to and will listen to anything you have to say.

Had a very quick response to the email from Milltek requesting a copy of the original invoice and batch number.

Have sent a copy off via email but will have to wait to see what they say.

Obviously the ideal solution would have been for them to send a new one out to Drivers to have re-fitted but that won't be possible now!

Clio 182
The baffle went on the centre silencer a few weeks back for some reason. And I emailed K-tec who I got the exhaust from and they contacted milltek on my behalf and I got a new silencer section posted straight out to my house with no real hassle. Was very pleased with how it went.

The baffle went on the centre silencer a few weeks back for some reason. And I emailed K-tec who I got the exhaust from and they contacted milltek on my behalf and I got a new silencer section posted straight out to my house with no real hassle. Was very pleased with how it went.

Hoping the same will happen tbh, although I think that Milltek should also cover the labour of having the exhaust refitted.

ITB BG 182
Leec32 they are sound, ive had mine since they were released for the clio's an not one problem with them.
They are good and have a good customer service, its all in the life time warrenty.
I doubt you'll get free fitment as that is no fault of milltek.

Leec32 they are sound, ive had mine since they were released for the clio's an not one problem with them.
They are good and have a good customer service, its all in the life time warrenty.

I agree that they seem to have good customer service, I will hopefully receive their response today.

I did really like the system when it was first fitted. However, there does seem to be quite a few that have also had problems with the system, maybe the quality has gone down since their initial batches?

Anyway, I know its not Milltek's fault that the garage shutdown, however, if the exhaust wan't faulty I wouldn't have to get it refitted in the first place. I don't think I should be out of pocket because of that.

R26
my miltek makes a gay/s**t/rattle when you floor it through 3 - 4 krpm... could my baffle of gone?

Track 172cup
the milltek system i had on my old 182 had a small leak in one of the welds after a couple of months, spoke to k-tec who got in touch with them and sorted it all out no problems at all, they even sent me out a full new system instead of just the centre section, was all done within a couple of weeks from first reporting it so great customer service imo, i spoke to a guy called Charlie Orpen

Just had this response:

"Hi Lee,

As the system does not include any baffles/deflector plates in the silencers it is difficult for these to fail.

What I would advise doing is having the system inspected for possible external issues.

Regards"

I've got a feeling this is going to turn into a pain in the arse to get sorted :(

Track 172cup
how does the system sound to you ? does it sound like it's blowing from anywhere or is it just a different exhaust note to what it was, if it's a different exhaust note or rattling it be your cat ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
the milltek system i had on my old 182 had a small leak in one of the welds after a couple of months, spoke to k-tec who got in touch with them and sorted it all out no problems at all, they even sent me out a full new system instead of just the centre section, was all done within a couple of weeks from first reporting it so great customer service imo, i spoke to a guy called Charlie Orpen

I spoke to charlie at the autosports show very helpful guy .

Try not to fall out with them yet, ensure that it isnt a heatshield vibrating etc.. Remember though that milteks are renowned for cracking at the welds so if you need a replacement part & they arn't playing ball I know what I would do ;-)

Try not to fall out with them yet, ensure that it isnt a heatshield vibrating etc.. Remember though that milteks are renowned for cracking at the welds so if you need a replacement part & they arn't playing ball I know what I would do ;-)

What would you do?

Inferno FF182 - Recaros

Glad to hear it... :D