ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mij29 in Packmoor

M

mij29

Clocked ya only at the last minute though. stuck my thumb up but think it was to late!!
Just seen that picture of the gordini, made me laugh, can't beleive how old they look now.
I was born that year(1976). 110bhp not bad for that time though, out of a 1300 anyway.

M

mij29

Sorry it's 1400 bar 3cc.
Never seen a R5 turbo convertable though. Din't know they exsisted.

Trophy No. 440
I've never seen a R5 convertible either, however I found this in Wikipedia:

In 1989, the Belgian company EBS produced a small number of convertible versions of the Renault 5 (1400 in total), almost all of which were left-hand drive. 14 of the 1400 cars produced were based on the GT Turbo Phase II.

http://www.289cobra.com/5gtturbo.html

:D

Last edited:
M

mij29

Can't make my mind up about that. Looks ok from the front and side but i don't like it from the back. Don't think i would trust one in a collission, the hard tops were like sitting in a tin can, used to like em though. Went to test drive 1 once(private sale), lacked power, think there was somethin up with the turbo or a hose cause it hissed when you changed gear like it had a dump valve on it. When i asked him if it had he said no, the needle on the turbo gauge didn't go all the way around either. Didn't have it, had the GTE 16V instead.
What was your car before the trophy?
On another subject, do you live in newchaple cause i had a scratch repaired by a guy named david or dave hemmings, works for chips away and he said he had done some work on some wheels on a trophy in newchaple?

Trophy No. 440
Yes, I know Dave, he sorted my wheel out when I managed to kerb one a few months back. I'm going to be calling on him again shortly after a brick wall attacked my rear bumper today :( The damage is just a scratch really, but it's going to need Dave's touch.

Before the Clio I had a 1.8 Focus Ghia with leather interior, a good dependable car from new but so boring :sleepy: (In the past I have had a Lotus Elan S4 se and a Triumph TR8 though).

Last edited:
M

mij29

Does a god jod dave does don't he? Made a good job of mine anyway, well pleased with his work.
I bet the triumph was cool.