ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MEGUIRS HEADLIGHT RESTORATION KIT

182,golf vr6,206gti
I BROUGHT A MEGUIRS HEADLIGHT REPAIR KIT TODAY IT COMES WITH A BIT TO GO ON MY DRILL AND A MICRO FIBRE CLOTH AND SOME PLAST-RX. MY HEADLIGHTS ARE IN A POOR STATE, YELLOWY COLOUR AND VERY MISTY (SEEMS A COMMON CLIO MK2 PROBLEM). IVE READ GUIDES ABOUT WHAT TO DO ETC WAS GOING TO CRACK ON WITH IT TODAY BUT BEEN POURING DOWN SO GAVE IT A MISS. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THIS KIT AND IF THEY HAVE WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT? PICS IF POSS

Mec 350 slk manual
I had this , did nothing to my headlights , waste of money take it back and get the 3 m headlight refurb kit loads better .

Mec 350 slk manual
I tried it with the buffer wheel and my lights did not look any different picked up the 3m kit and it done a top job .

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I used the kit but after using wet and dry. Works ok and polished out the scratches. Its just a bottle of Megs ScratchRX 2 with a drill buffer and microfiber cloth.

You really need to use wet and dry 1st. The kit on its own isn't enough.

Edit: having just Googled the 3M kit I'd go for that!

182,golf vr6,206gti
Thanks guys it's better weather today so I will give it a go.I will do a before and after if anyone's interested to see results

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Must admit I've done it twice now, once just with whatever I could find in Halfords, and once with 3M kit... from the results I got, I personally don't recommend the 3M kit!

I used this kit last week, using it alone you get some results but not brilliant. Best to wet sand it first then use the kit afterwards.

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Just use wet sandpaper then work your way to 1000 grit, then use a strong compound after and buffer up.. Simples

FRS
Me personally i would start with 1000 then work up to 2000, you shouldn't need to use anything rough like a 700/800.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
christ sake dont use anything lower than 1000. you'll be there all day trying to take 700-800 gritt marks out.

1000-1500-2000 and polish up

alt

1500-2000- 3000 grit rhino ( sp ) disks.

good compound and finishing polish and your done.

for the money tho, just buy the 3m kit.

That's strange I used this on my headlights today and admittadly they weren't perfect but did a half decent job ! Could do with the 3m kit ! But did a respectable job !

​But I wasn't expecting much as I only paid £2.60 for the liquid lol

FRS
Sheets of sandpaper can be bought for buttons off ebay, fairy liquid in a bottle with water, there's your wet sanding kit, just read detailingworld for wetsanding tips.